This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny View Post
    Hi guppy, we express our sincere sorry for inconvenience brought to you. The lifetime renewal of DVDFab Gold still can not be available yet.
    Yup, that is what you guys have been telling me for three months now.

Comment

Gold was a reduced feature set of DVD to DVD, not the same as Platinum so the upgrade path is different. I thought all the Gold licenses were lifetime, except for maybe a few that were sold around May 8, 2008. It is no longer sold, so there should be an upgrade path from Gold to what is now DVD to DVD, but I would not have thought there would be a lifetime Gold upgrade even available.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Gold was a reduced feature set of DVD to DVD, not the same as Platinum so the upgrade path is different. I thought all the Gold licenses were lifetime, except for maybe a few that were sold around May 8, 2008. It is no longer sold, so there should be an upgrade path from Gold to what is now DVD to DVD, but I would not have thought there would be a lifetime Gold upgrade even available.
        When I purchased DVDFAB there were no other options available for the "DVD to DVD" package. It was simply called Gold. There was no platinum edition, no diamond edition, just the gold edition. I bought he only thing that was available at the TIME. Now they change the name to platinum and want to lock me out.

So if I buy Blu-Ray lifetime for $120 and they decide to come out with platinum then I am locked out again.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
          When I purchased DVDFAB there were no other options available for the "DVD to DVD" package. It was simply called Gold. There was no platinum edition, no diamond edition, just the gold edition. I bought he only thing that was available at the TIME. Now they change the name to platinum and want to lock me out.

So if I buy Blu-Ray lifetime for $120 and they decide to come out with platinum then I am locked out again.
          You sure you actually bought from DVDFab because you said you bought Gold a little over a year ago. They no longer selling DVDFab Gold and they have always had DVDFab Platinum but both Gold and Platinum was canceled about 2 years ago and that was when they went to the options they have.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post

guppy, I'm actually on your side in this, but you're mistaken about Gold being the only option available at any time during Fab's evolution.

Regardless,
            Platinum actually came into being with Fab 2.xxx.
            Prior to this, early Fab 2.xxx had 2 apps...
            Express which allowed for compression
            and
            Gold which did not compress, but had the ability to split to 2 SL discs.

The later Fab 2.xxx packages offered 2 apps... Platinum (comprised of Express and Gold)
            and
            Gold (Gold only).

Fab 3.xxx was released in 2006 and with this version, the DL burn engine was tweaked extensively and DL burning finally gained some consistency and reliability.

For the record guppy, I agree with you. You were promised a lifetime subscription with Gold.
            As I recall back in '03 or '04, Platinum was about $10 more than Gold (I think. I know it wasn't much).
            I can't say how that difference translates today, but you are entitled to a discounted, simple path toward an upgrade or some sort of renewal.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I did not know that much of DVDFab's hystory I wonder what options DVDFab gold gave over a year ago and if it had the same options as the DVD to DVD option has. If it did not have the same options as the DVD to DVD option has then that could be what is holding back with the lifetime renewal as they need to figure out what the cost to renew would be for something that did not have all the options that became available when DVDFab Platinum was broken into DVD to DVD and the DVD to Mobile Options

Comment

I also agree with Maineman that Guppy is being hard done by here.

I honestly cannot see why this has not and cannot be resolved swiftly.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It has been over 6 months....

5 minutes with a calculator !!!!!

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  I did not know that much of DVDFab's hystory I wonder what options DVDFab gold gave over a year ago and if it had the same options as the DVD to DVD option has. If it did not have the same options as the DVD to DVD option has then that could be what is holding back with the lifetime renewal as they need to figure out what the cost to renew would be for something that did not have all the options that became available when DVDFab Platinum was broken into DVD to DVD and the DVD to Mobile Options
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I think he should get the renewal as well to lifetime as that what he wants and Gold no longer available just have to keep bugging sales till they make it happen

Comment

Maybe this should be sent directly to Fengtao, that way this can be resolved.
                      Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by DVDKingdom View Post
                        Maybe this should be sent directly to Fengtao, that way this can be resolved.
                        My thoughts exactly and already done
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi guppy,

You can renew your DVDFab Gold, but for "DVD to DVD" renewal, we will add it in near future.

Best Regards,
                          Fengtao
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                            Hi guppy,

You can renew your DVDFab Gold, but for "DVD to DVD" renewal, we will add it in near future.

Best Regards,
                            Fengtao
                            I honestly have no idea what you mean. I have DVDFAB GOLD not DVDTODVD. I just went (a few seconds ago) to try to renew my DVDGOLD to lifetime, thinking that perhaps this has been resolved. Guess what ... It still does NOT offer me a lifetime subscription. There is a 1,2,3 or 4 year subscription. There is NO lifetime subscription available.

Comment

Guppy, send a PM to Fengtao saying what you have just said here.

Comment

Hi guppy,

I got u, and sorry there is no such option yet.

We are re-design the new website (will be out this month), so it will be available after new website is out.
                                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                                X