X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 7.0.8.0 Read Problems after Burning

Hi Guys,

I am a gold member with a lifetime registration of DVDFab. Up until recently I have found the program to perform as advertised. Today I downloaded and installed the latest paid version of DVDFab (7.0.8.0) because one of the “fixes” incorporated in the latest version was “Backup (Full Disc and Main Movie) cannot be played in certain cases.” I burned a disc with it to my hard drive then used DVDFab 7.0.8.0 to burn the resulting files to a Maxell DVD-R 4.7 GB 16X disc. The burn speed of the disc is undetermined because I allow the program to determine the recommended burning speed. Once the disc was "satisfactorily completed" I closed DVDFab 7.0.8.0 and placed the disc in the same drive that I used to burn it. I waited for about 90 seconds for my DVD Player (PowerDVD) to launch the disc/movie but it never did. I launched the program myself and I immediately received the message "A disc with an unsupported format is in drive "X", (in my case the particular drive is "Drive K" (which is an external DVD Drive). I took the disc out of the external drive and placed it in the internal DVD drive and received the same results. I then burned the files to a Dyne DVD-R 4.7GB 16X disc, attempted to play it and received the same results. This is odd since one of the "fixes" in version 7.0.8.0 was to fix the problem of "Backup (Full Disc and Main Movie) cannot be played in certain cases." I have experienced this same problem in all previous versions of DVDFab all the way back to 6.2.1.8. As a result of this writing error one can anticipate a pile of useless coasters. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks

good2go7

For a start, the media you are using are crap, so expect problems.

Try slowing down the burn speed to at least half the rated speed of this media or even a quarter and you may achieve better results.

Please read some of the many posts on this forum about the media to use, Verbatim & Taiyo Yuden being the only ones that seem to give consistent results.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Post #2 + and post some logs.

Comment

Originally posted by good2go7 View Post
        Hi Guys,

I am a gold member with a lifetime registration of DVDFab. Up until recently I have found the program to perform as advertised. Today I downloaded and installed the latest paid version of DVDFab (7.0.8.0) because one of the “fixes” incorporated in the latest version was “Backup (Full Disc and Main Movie) cannot be played in certain cases.” I burned a disc with it to my hard drive then used DVDFab 7.0.8.0 to burn the resulting files to a Maxell DVD-R 4.7 GB 16X disc. The burn speed of the disc is undetermined because I allow the program to determine the recommended burning speed. Once the disc was "satisfactorily completed" I closed DVDFab 7.0.8.0 and placed the disc in the same drive that I used to burn it. I waited for about 90 seconds for my DVD Player (PowerDVD) to launch the disc/movie but it never did. I launched the program myself and I immediately received the message "A disc with an unsupported format is in drive "X", (in my case the particular drive is "Drive K" (which is an external DVD Drive). I took the disc out of the external drive and placed it in the internal DVD drive and received the same results. I then burned the files to a Dyne DVD-R 4.7GB 16X disc, attempted to play it and received the same results. This is odd since one of the "fixes" in version 7.0.8.0 was to fix the problem of "Backup (Full Disc and Main Movie) cannot be played in certain cases." I have experienced this same problem in all previous versions of DVDFab all the way back to 6.2.1.8. As a result of this writing error one can anticipate a pile of useless coasters. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks

good2go7
        Try burning at a 4x speed and set the DVDFab (7.0.8.0) burning engine to "Imgburn" in the settings menu. After the copying process of the DVD movie is complete and in your hard disk drive, use the latest Imgburn program as a standalone program to burn your backup from the hard disk drive. Once again, make sure you burn at a 4x speed for better results. Also, try buying either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media. They are much better quality and easier to deal with. Good luck to you.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try Verbatim instead of Maxell or Dyne. It would appear that DVDFab is super sensitive to poor grade of discs. I can burn these (crap discs) with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 and/or VSO CopytoDVD and play them without any problems. I will try changing the burn engine to ImgBurn and see if that makes a difference. Thanks agains! I see DVDFab 7.0.8.2 is out; What are the fixes in the latest version and is it a "Beta" or "Final"?

good2go7

Comment

7082 is an Official Release. The burning engine for CopytoDVD is the same as the one in DVDFab.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals for the info on the Official Release of 7.0.8.2.

good2go7

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion c0afahn to change the burn engine to see if it would work with low grade DVDs. I went into the settings menu and changed the burn engine to ImgBurn and burn a movie onto one of the "crappie" DVDs (Maxell DVD-R 4.7 GB 16X) and believe it or not but the movie burned great and actually played great as well. I will continue to use the ImgBurn burn engine until I have depleted this pile of "crappie" DVDs that I have on hand. Thanks to all for your outstanding support. You guys rock..

good2go7

Comment

Working...
                X