Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried as suggested, was already set to 5 and not 9?

I will try it again later and see how it goes, just confirming DVDFab SHOULD be able to do it?

I would rather do it that way IF it can be done, instead of adding even more software.

Thank you everyone............

Comment

People are posting so quickly I cannot keep up.

Okay, confirmed it SHOULD do it.

Yes I realise the quality may be reduced, but it is anyway with using DVDShrink.

Just would be easier if I could use ONLY your great DVDFab.

Comment

Not sure if this will help or not but try reducing the copy or burn speed. Also, Since I changed to imgburn I have had no problems, it has been a good change.
        Chris

Comment

I don't think it was that, it just didn't want to copy to the single layered blank disc at any speed, but DID with NO problem after I had changed (shrunk) the files via DVDSrink.

As I said on another topic I would rather not add any more software, IF I cannot work out how to do it with ONLY DVDFab, I will just continue as I do now.

Will try it again shortly, while I am watching the Aussies flog India in the first ODI.

Comment

I overlooked the part about this being a new computer, if you haven't already you'll need to set the region code on the optical drive. Some of the new protections will require this I think. Even if that is not the case setting the region code will solve various and unpredictable problems.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              I overlooked the part about this being a new computer, if you haven't already you'll need to set the region code on the optical drive. Some of the new protections will require this I think. Even if that is not the case setting the region code will solve various and unpredictable problems.
              Again thank you, but again I don't see how that could be the problem for the same reason, it works fine on this computer when I do it via DVDFab, then DVDShrink, then back to DVDFab.

Will try it soon, but the Cricket is just starting, got to go watch it.

Comment

Okay, just tried to copy the only ''original'' DVD I could find here at present, the kids and grandkids have most of them for the weekend, using ONLY DADFab and it did work, the movie was only 85 minutes long though so maybe it not being "shrunk" was not a problem, don't know.

Will try it again another day with a longer movie.

At least with the newest version of DVDFab, as per one of my other posts, the preview pane now works, something that hasn't worked for ages.

Thank you all again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                  Again thank you, but again I don't see how that could be the problem for the same reason, it works fine on this computer when I do it via DVDFab, then DVDShrink, then back to DVDFab.

Will try it soon, but the Cricket is just starting, got to go watch it.

I didn’t imply that setting the region code would fix this issue specifically, it might however because it does cause problems when not set. This was an afterthought because the computer is new and the region code is almost never set on a new drive. All I’m really saying is set the region code or sooner or later it will bite you.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

....................... All I’m really saying is set the region code or sooner or later it will bite you.
                    This is so true.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I didn’t imply that setting the region code would fix this issue specifically, it might however because it does cause problems when not set. This was an afterthought because the computer is new and the region code is almost never set on a new drive. All I’m really saying is set the region code or sooner or later it will bite you.
                      I must admit I have never ever even checked that before, on this new computer or any of the others I have had over the years, but you were right it was set to region 2 where ever that is, now changed it to the correct region 4.

Don't know if it will make much difference or not, but thank you..........

I guess they are all the same??? but it wouldn't let me change it until I put in a DVD of the region I wanted, and it says you can only change it 4 times max then you are stuck with it???

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        This is so true.
                        Got the message thanks.

All done........................

Comment

Working...
                        X