This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
    Why not? I was making references that fit with the comment I was making to provide useful information. When I'm driving my Chevy, do I need to park a block away and walk when visiting friends who own Fords? I think this "shh, can't mention a competitors name" thing is kind of juvenile.
    Please read the Forum Rules and General Policies documents. What other software does and does not do is not relevant to the discussion anyway.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have to agree with Mike89 here... I think it provides a huge help to see how the competition "sees" the disc that DVDFab is trying to make work.... but that could also be the exact reason the posts aren't allowed... so the copetition can't come after DVDFab for unfair competition. However, if it's because you want to keep users in the dark as to what else is out there... good luck. Most people that are posting in and reading these forums probably already know what else is out there.... but like me, the reason they are around these forums is because they've tried the rest, and have settled on the best. In closing, can you please point me in the direction of the rule you are referring to? I've went to the "Forum Rules", read them all, and they don't say anything about posting competitor's products. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerx View Post
        I have to agree with Mike89 here... I think it provides a huge help to see how the competition "sees" the disc that DVDFab is trying to make work.... but that could also be the exact reason the posts aren't allowed... so the copetition can't come after DVDFab for unfair competition. However, if it's because you want to keep users in the dark as to what else is out there... good luck. Most people that are posting in and reading these forums probably already know what else is out there.... but like me, the reason they are around these forums is because they've tried the rest, and have settled on the best. In closing, can you please point me in the direction of the rule you are referring to? I've went to the "Forum Rules", read them all, and they don't say anything about posting competitor's products. Thanks.
        Well, you're wrong on any number of counts. Read the title of the thread: that is what is relevant to the discussion. Read the General Policies. You have the right to personally disagree with them, even call them names, but this is a private forum, paid for by Fengtao--the servers, the power to run them, the bandwidth and everything else. It is a software support forum for discussing, requesting features, seeking help with and discussing DVDFab, not how something else is different, better or worse. As for the nonsense about keeping users in the dark, that would be a foolish and unattainable goal given that anything can be found on the internet with a few mouse clicks. Do they discuss DVDFab on the other private software support forums? Not to my knowledge.

If this thread has denerated to this type of discussion, it has gone on too long and so will be closed. Offending posts may be edited.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X