X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with generating subtitles?

Hi all,

I'm ripping some DVD's to get ready for a new video player (Viewsonic VPD400), and I'm having trouble with generating subtitles.

I'm ripping Dollhouse, disk 2. If I select all episodes, I don't get subtitles. I can open the queue and see that video, audio, and subtities are marked, but subtitles are not generated.

If I select one episode, I can sometimes get subtitles. It seems to be related to how I select the episodes. If I select a single episode, select the subfield, and then edit the conversion selections (even if I don't change anything), I get subtitles.

I'm converting to h.264 at 1294k, two pass, 800 x 484, MP3 audio at 256K.

If you need more details, please ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

With problems like this it is important to know which exact profile you are using. Are you trying to extract the subs to a file or render them directly into the video?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm using DVD Fab 6.2.0.5 (11/11/09), and converting from DVD to generic.default, which is generic.avi.h264.mp3 modified to the following values:
      Output type: Video+Audio
      Encoding method: high quality encoding (2-pass)
      Fixed bitrate: 1294 kbps
      Split: No
      Frame rate 23.976
      Deinterlacing: no (not sure about this one -- should I turn it on?)
      Frame resolution: 800 x 448
      MP3 bitrate: 256kbps
      channel: Dolby Prologic-II (not sure about this either)
      volume: 100%
      subpicture: extract to idx/sub file

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Comment

Working...
      X