No announcement yet.

Can't save default profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just using the generic.mp4 profile; settings weren't sticking.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
      In my test, I can set default iPad profile with all above customized settings.

But I can reproduce the problem on MKV audiocopy profile, the 2 pass can be saved, but the bitrate cannot. We will fix it in next version, thanks for your feedback.
      Can you set m2ts.passthrough as the default ? I've been waiting on that fix for some time now.

Comment

Still not working v8105 with avi.divx.mp3

Just installed the latest version and tried to save a default profile and again it changed all settings.

What I tried to set for a divx.mp3 profile:

2 Pass
        Video Fixed Bitrate - 3200
        Audio Bitrate - 320
        Video resolution - 720x400
        Deinterlace - On

After saving this is what I get:

1 Pass
        Video Fixed Bitrate - 2973
        Audio Bitrate - 128
        Video resolution - 700x400
        Deinterlace - Off

Just FYI - Auto cropping has been disabled so I don't know why it's changing the resolution.

If I try to save again to the default profile (i.e. one already exists but is wrong - like above) it causes DVDfab to crash.

Anyone else still having issues?

I have tried upgrading from previous version as well as fully uninstalling and reinstalling and I get the same results regardless.

P.S - I also noticed that it creates a C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\profiles3 folder instead of the usual \profiles if that helps
        Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 07-06-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Using either AVI-Audiocopy or MKV-Audiocopy, attempting to set 2 pass and set file size as default, results in no changes.
          I have completely un-installed and reinstalled, but this has had no different result.

Comment

Has this been addressed in v8106 beta?

The release notes don't seem to refer to this issue and I'm hesitant to do an upgrade if it isn't going to fix the default profile issue.

Comment

Hi Rubber_-_Duck

Why don't you download it and try it for yourself.
              You can have more than one version of 8 installed if you want, and if it is not working just delete that version.
              To do this:
              During install when the screen comes up for destination folder I put C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8106 QT and start menu folder I put DVDFab 8106 QT, I change the blue from DVD Fab8 QT, and add XXX after the 8, which will allow me to have more than one version installed, right now I have 7 versions of 8 installed and running, it will also put an icon on your desktop DVD Fab8QT, you will just rename it by adding the 3 numbers after the 8 to that version.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

From the release notes for v8.1.0.5:

Fix: Profile "Set as default" feature doesn't save certain settings like bitrate.

Please try it and post your results.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still no improvement with the latest beta (8106).
                  avi(h264 + source audio) and mkv(h264 + source audio) profiles when attempting to set 2-pass and fixed file size as default are not saved.
                  These used to be set as default, but alas now, not so.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    From the release notes for v8.1.0.5:

Fix: Profile "Set as default" feature doesn't save certain settings like bitrate.

Please try it and post your results.
                    A couple posts back in this thread @ 07-06-2011, 12:54 AM I have already stated that v8105 did not fix this issue

Originally posted by Rubber_-_Duck View Post
                    Just installed the latest version and tried to save a default profile and again it changed all settings.

What I tried to set for a divx.mp3 profile:

2 Pass
                    Video Fixed Bitrate - 3200
                    Audio Bitrate - 320
                    Video resolution - 720x400
                    Deinterlace - On

After saving this is what I get:

1 Pass
                    Video Fixed Bitrate - 2973
                    Audio Bitrate - 128
                    Video resolution - 700x400
                    Deinterlace - Off

Just FYI - Auto cropping has been disabled so I don't know why it's changing the resolution.

If I try to save again to the default profile (i.e. one already exists but is wrong - like above) it causes DVDfab to crash.

Anyone else still having issues?

I have tried upgrading from previous version as well as fully uninstalling and reinstalling and I get the same results regardless.

P.S - I also noticed that it creates a C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\profiles3 folder instead of the usual \profiles if that helps
                    For those who are still having these issues, v8092 still works nice for me when using the divx.mp3 profile.

Hopefully the DVDFab Team will get a fix out for this soon.
                    Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 07-10-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Just inquiring if the proposed profile editor when released, will alleviate these problems, or in the interim, where can I find out what settings to hard change in the saved profile.xml.

Cheers

Comment

Anyone else having these issues?

or

Does anyone know how I can get my settings to stick?

P.S. I've tried v8106 and I still get the same problem. Only workaround at the moment is to roll back to v8092 when using divx.mp3

Comment

Maybe this will help...not a fix, but a workaround...for conversions anyway.

Take a look at post #4:
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Still no fix apparently.

Have been using 8.0.5.0 for conversions... limited to 128kbps on audio.

Seems like a major issue that many people are struggling with, which would indicate (to me) stopping new development (new features) and dealing with the bugs. I'm a C#/.NET developer and this is how I would approach the issue.

Comment

Hi all,

About this Profile "Set as default" feature, our devs've been doing a thorough examination and fix, please give us more time. Thanks.

Sincerely,
                              --
                              Sunny

Comment

v8107beta is almost fixed

Hello again,

I just tried out v8107beta and there are still a couple minor issues

1. It doesn't save 2 pass

2. It changes output resolution when saving

I can use the profile editor to force it to save resolution but I can't seem to save 2 pass anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X