Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 8.1.1.0 BD Passthrough had to be cancelled in GUI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) After 8.1.1.0 BD Passthrough had to be cancelled in GUI.

While the resulting M2TS file appears to be finished and playable, the GUI in releases higher than 8.1.0.0 never sends the completed message box, the task timer shows 0, and the user must hit cancel to end the RIP session.

After hitting cancel, and them finish, when I exit DVDFab I get a VC++ runtime error.

This happens consistently for me on all BD discs, and I have logs and screen captures I am including that I captured ripping the movie FIREFOX.
    Attached Files

Hi chertens,

Can you try using Blu-ray Ripper - M2TS - m2ts.audiocopy.normal or m2ts.ac3.normal to see if still get the same ending problem? We need to know this is universal or just happened to m2ts.passthrough. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

Hi chertens,
      We had found this issue 8106beta QT, but it hard to fix.
      Devs will go on foucs on this.

Thanks for your support.
      terry5
      Last edited by Potti; 09-09-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I was only seeing the problem on pass-through, but sounds like you found it....thanks!

Amazing support in my opinion compared to other software I own.

Comment

Please try v8.1.1.6 Qt Beta and report the results.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still hangs in 8.1.1.6 , tried a different movie, but finishes the rip never releases the GUI with the message box stating the rip was completed and needs to be cancelled to exist rip.
            Attached Files

Comment

8.1.1.7 still does not complete passthrough rip

So still wondering if you can find and fix the issue with the GUI on BD rips using passthrough mode.

Doesn't seem to affect the output, the final .m2ts file appears to play correctly but is annoying.

Comment

Ok, So tried 8.1.1.8 and same problem, BD Rip using passthrough does not complete in the GUI.

I have a friend who says his does complete, and one of the differences might be the BD drive. I am using LG in my workstation and I believe he is not.

Any update would be appreciated. Until it is fixed I am downgrading to 8.1.0.0 which was the last release I installed that worked for passthrough.

Comment

Success!!!

I removed from my system several things that I thought might be conflicting with DVDFab's use of the LG BD Rom drive. All optional codec libraries including Shark 007, ffdshow ... and I uninstalled the Lightscribe software for the LG drive... I was then able to successfully run a rip using Passthrough.

The odd part is that all this worked fine under 8.1.0.0, but not newer versions.

Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                  X