No announcement yet.

iTunes<movie> was not copied to the iPad/iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was. Let me try and explain this better (I sometimes fail to do so).

Previously, I was able to use DVDfab to rip the m4v. Then take it from where it was put by DVDfab and drop it directly into iTunes under the movie section of the device that I have connected to iTunes. This, in turn started the sync process because I manually sync all my media with my devices.

After messing around a bit, I realized that if I add it to the iTunes library first and THEN drop it (from the iTunes library) into the movie section of the attached device it works. This is something completely new for me.

Does that explain it better?

Comment

So it's all good now using this different method?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I have seen this with some versions of iTunes or iPhone/iPad OS. I find that if I hold the movie over the device's Movie folder for 10-15 seconds, everything wakes up and lets me drop it. Going through the Library as you describe always works and I think is what Mr. Jobs would prefer that we do.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yep, everything is working ok now if I go drop it into the library first and then drop it onto the device. Just another unnecessary step in my book ;-)

Not to diverge from the original topic but since we used You Highness as the target video I wanted to add what I found.

I watched the movie in it's entirety and noticed:

1) various audio clicks
          2) one frozen frame which self-remedied itself
          3) a few drops in resolution that manifested itself as a "liney" image. Still viewable but definitely sub-par.

I have actually noticed #3 with a few videos recently and after a few minutes they seem to go away.

Comment

Working...
          X