X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this DVDFab bug being resolved?

Originally posted by jimkress999 View Post
    Disabling PathPlayer is no help.
    Given the lack of any response, it appears the DVDFab team has decided it will not fix this bug in the software. Is that correct? If it is not correct, when can we expect some resolution to this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by jimkress999 View Post
      Given the lack of any response, it appears the DVDFab team has decided it will not fix this bug in the software. Is that correct? If it is not correct, when can we expect some resolution to this issue?
      If you maintain this attitude, you will not be around to see it. Final warning.
      Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2012, 10:55 PM.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My posts

I am new to posting in this forum, but it looks like two of my posts in this thread(one of which was responded to) have been deleted. Just checking in to see what may have happened.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi gamby35
          I'm sorry, I had moved them to the correct forum you will find them here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16940
          If you left click on your name you will get a drop down box, you can select find all posts for members, including yourself.

CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2012, 11:39 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi gamby35
            I'm sorry, I had moved them to the correct forum you will find them here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16940
            If you left click on your name you will get a drop down box, you can select find all posts for members, including yourself.

CBR929
            No Problem, and thank you for the assistance. I will upgrade and try again..

One quick side note, when I do click on my name, I get this:

gamby35, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
            If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I realize that this thread is not for that type of message, but thought maybe you'd be able to offer some quick guidance. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

A few more posts and you'll be able to access that page, you have limited access until you've made a few posts.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I have similar issues withe when converting to Xbox 360, i never noticed the problem before, but i usually never watch the credits all the way through. I guess this has been an issue for some time, I only notice it because i started ripping TV shows with only 30 sec or so of credits so i miss the final 25-30 sec of the show.

Comment

Also looking for a solution

I am also experiencing this issue.
                  To add some additional info that I did not see on any other post.

This issue persists whether ripping form the original source DVD or from a back-up copy. I have also tried ripping to XBox format from ISO images and from DVD folders. All with the exact same results. Approx the last 1:20 - 1:30 of a rip. This problem has been around since version 7.x. or at least, that is when I first noticed it. Versin 6.x does not seem to have this issue.

Along with this issue, I also experience issues when I am ripping from more than 3 chapters. ie, from a TV series disk and try to rip more than 3 episodes. The 4th episode give errors.

Internal Log File Below

DVDFab 8.1.7.8 (2012/05/02 10:57:59)

0m 01.07s: GPUAccelerate: 3
                  0m 01.07s: CUDA cap: 0
                  0m 01.07s: Support coreavc decode: 0
                  0m 01.09s: Graphics info: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series : :
                  0m 01.09s: Qt Translator file load success
                  0m 01.13s: Load config successful.
                  0m 01.23s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
                  0m 03.69s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
                  0m 03.69s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 0
                  0m 03.71s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
                  0m 03.94s: Config ExBar successful.
                  0m 03.94s: dvd2dvd have 1 elements.
                  0m 03.99s: dvd2mobile have 11 elements.
                  0m 04.27s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 0 elements.
                  0m 04.27s: blu-ray2mobile have 5 elements.
                  0m 04.41s: blu-ray23d have 0 elements.
                  0m 04.41s: blu-ray2dvd have 0 elements.
                  0m 04.41s: file2mobile have 2 elements.
                  0m 04.46s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
                  0m 04.47s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
                  0m 05.72s: Config work ui controls successful.
                  0m 05.81s: Init burn engine successful.
                  0m 05.86s: StartNotify successful.
                  0m 05.88s: got media type 4
                  0m 06.14s: drive R
                  0m 06.14s: type DVD-VIDEO
                  0m 06.15s: volume label EUREKA
                  0m 06.44s: got copyright 1 fe
                  0m 06.56s: got udf/iso
                  0m 07.54s: got discinfo
                  0m 07.54s: pathplayer enabled
                  0m 23.52s: user cancelled
                  0m 23.52s: pathplayer drive error 1
                  0m 23.54s: pathplayer drive error 1
                  0m 23.55s: pathplayer drive error 1
                  0m 23.57s: pathplayer drive error 1
                  0m 23.58s: failed to open disc 1
                  0m 03.55s:

The log file does not relflect the error until after the I cancelled the rip, after recieving the message.

The log gives you the Video card information.
                  My basic PC specs are:
                  CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.8GHz
                  RAM: 8GB
                  Chipset: Intel H67

Let me know If I can help further to troubleshoot this issue.

Comment

Additional Log

Conversion: one pass: 12:13:36
                    Conversion: one pass: 12:25:27
                    Conversion: one pass: 12:38:49
                    Conversion: one pass: 12:52:22
                    Work 4 failed, Error = 508.01 14: 12:52:26
                    Conversion: one pass: 12:52:26
                    User cancelled.: 14:55:05

Comment

Doesn't seem to happen with Blu-ray DVDs

... just the "normal" DVDs.

As many others have posted, the XBOX360-->WMV RIP will complete successfully, and plays wonderfully from an XBOX360.

However, almost exactly 1 minute from the end, the video will freeze while the audio continues. 30 seconds later, the video resumes.

This could be ignored for movies with their credits at the end.

However, many old Disney movies put all the credits up front, so the video freeze almost always happens right in the middle of the closing scene, to the great gasp of "OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" from everyone in the room.

It happens with EVERY NORMAL DVD I rip. I'm currently running 8.1.7.8, and am still experimenting with various settings. I've looked through my log files, and never see an error (see sample attached).

So far, I have disabled all hardware encoding, disabled the read-ahead buffer, disabled pathplayer, set pathplayer to "when needed," and this keeps happening. Most recently with "The Jungle Book, 40th anniversary edition, disc 1" (barcode:786936748390, disc-id:38B33676-1B37457B)

I will keep plugging away at this, but it's extremely frustrating!

Thanks for your help -- I hope I've provided all the information you need. If not, let me know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just noticed I was a few updates behind. I updated to 8.1.9.8, but this problem still occurs.

Originally posted by njmike View Post
                        ... just the "normal" DVDs.

As many others have posted, the XBOX360-->WMV RIP will complete successfully, and plays wonderfully from an XBOX360.
                        It happens with EVERY NORMAL DVD I rip. I'm currently running 8.1.7.8, and am still experimenting with various settings. I've looked through my log files, and never see an error (see sample attached).

Comment

Working...
                        X