Bad sync problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try one with DVD Ripper also.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ken and others:

I have reproduced the A/V sync problem with DVD Ripper, the developers have also. It has been fixed and will be contained in the next release v8.1.6.1, which will be out before long, a day or two, perhaps sooner. Please try it when it is released.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,
        This is fantastic news!! I was about to resort to all sort of foolishness trying to find the culprit when my gut told me I knew what was going on. I thought maybe since your BD test rip from folders went fine you'd come back and tell me your DVD test rip went the same and I was out of luck. You just saved me a ton of testing time!!
        I'll be on the look out for v8.1.6.1. I had good luck ripping BD's from source disks with the DVDFab product I purchased and decided I'd like to rip the movie only VIDEO_TS folders I've done for years down to .mp4 to save some space...that's when all hell broke loose on me....lol. Just glad it's soon to be fixed.

Comment

Please try v8.1.6.1 Qt, it is out now. Please post your results here.

Comment

Got it. I'll test later tonight as I'm heading out right now. I'll post the results. Thanks again for looking into this issue, and here's to high hopes it's cured.

Comment

I tried a DVD rip using the m2ts.ac3.high_quality profile and am still seeing the same issue out of sync reported under this thread below.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16323

It is only on certain DVDs, where Mediainfo shows an unusual bitrate. See the thread above for more details. Here's the logs from today's rip with 8.1.6.1qt. The DVD is Clueless. It rips fine using the VOB passthrough profile.

DVDFab 8.1.6.1 (2012/02/04 16:04:26)

0m 02.69s: Qt Translator file load success
              0m 02.90s: Load config successful.
              0m 03.15s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
              0m 05.22s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
              0m 05.22s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
              0m 05.24s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
              0m 05.39s: Config ExBar successful.
              0m 05.39s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
              0m 05.50s: dvd2mobile have 28 elements.
              0m 06.11s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
              0m 06.13s: blu-ray2mobile have 17 elements.
              0m 06.49s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
              0m 06.61s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
              0m 06.64s: file2mobile have 27 elements.
              0m 07.22s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
              0m 07.23s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
              0m 07.50s: Config work ui controls successful.
              0m 07.64s: Init burn engine successful.
              0m 07.70s: StartNotify successful.
              0m 54.07s: pathplayer enabled
              0m 30.41s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 30.41s: info: create config(0)
              0m 30.41s: info: convert profile(m2ts.ac3.high_quality)
              0m 30.41s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->16),3D(0)
              0m 30.41s: info: streams((480.2)(129.2))
              0m 30.43s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
              0m 30.43s: source audio(86019,6,16,48000) is the same as output audio(bitrate 640000), passthrough it
              0m 30.51s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
              0m 30.51s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
              0m 30.77s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
              0m 30.77s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(5500)
              0m 12.51s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Comment

Well Singals good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad.

Tried to rip an .mp4 from a VIDEO_TS movie only folder and crashed almost half way through. I figured I'd try shutting down any service that might be an issues, remember my need for DVD ripper is not optical drive related. After a fresh reboot I set DVDFab to defaults, I did have it on software decoding with the disable all GPU codecs option. There was a few Roxio services and startup items I shut down as well as the ANYDVD tray...shouldn't matter on that one when no accessing optical drive but I did it anyway. I also changed the target folder where the rip was to go to but still on this desktop pc and btw nothing is done across my network...I copy over from the HTPC then if sucessful rip to .mp4 I'll move the final back to HTPC. Now for the good news...no crash and the audio/video in perfect sync throughout the movie now. Yes I tested a number of spots and even the very end where it was way off in previous releases. Now to find out what is causing DVDFab to crash that it might not like. That could be a long process of turning things on one by one a ten minute rip at each phase to track it. I'll see if I can find the culprit.

Thanks for fixing this issue

Comment

I wouldn't mind betting it is CUDA..
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

ok I narrowed it down. First I rebooted so all services I stopped were back in action. I ripped another and it worked...wtf. Then I realized another thing I was not doing that I did before. Forced subtitles embeded into the .mp4. So I tried again with that turned on..CRASH!! Well not a BSOD at least but a windows message that the program was no longer responding, and it was not. Even after closing DVDFab my video on screen is all garble...it's wierd. I'm having a hard time typing because video is freaking out...have to go reboot but thought I'd post my findings.

Comment

ok confession time. My system has been running stable for the 8 months since I built it. I run a pretty wild 3D cad software for work and have never had a crash until this DVDFab issue and I run a few tasks at a time. It came to my mind...have I been fooled for these 8 months? An important fact to note is I do overclock! I tweaked until I found a safe zone and back down even. So I had a thought if the overclock could be a problem and I got away with it for 8 months until something even more taxing came along than what I use for work. Anyone thinks DVDFab is expensive try buying a software program that cost $25k...that ain't no typo! Anyway I dialed her back to all defaults and 3 rips and not a crash. I even turned on forced subtitles rendered to the .mp4 and no crash. How this problem got past the stress tests I did when setting this up is beyond me. I like Prime95 and Furmark for stress testing and I'm puzzled by this.

Hope I didn't jump to soon but I'm going to test even more rips and see if the problems are gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X