This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd to mobile complications

Hi, I am new on this site. I recently purchased "dvd to dvd" and "dvd to mobile". "dvd to dvd" works great. I attemtped to convert a dvd to generic 6 times now with "dvd to mobile" and dvdfab stops at about 30% completion. I have ripped the same dvd successfully and also tried converting it from file with no success. I am using Vista Home Premium. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome, sandes, to the forum and to the DVDFab user family. Sorry you are having trouble. Please tell us which version of DVDFab you are using. There are some known issues with the v6.0.6.9 Beta release and DVD to Mobile, which are discussed in this thread. I have not had a chance to test the newest release, v6.0.7.0, yet to see if the problem has been corrected.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I am using the most recent 6.0.7.0 version as of present.

Comment

I've tried 6.0.7.0 with the PSP profile that was broken and it works fine, good A/V sync too, the thumbnail is still busted! The problem with it slowing to zero fps is fixed as far as I can tell.

sandes, what exact profile are you trying in generic and I'll give it a shot.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I am using the generic profile. Crashes everytime around 30% completion.

Comment

All of these profiles are under the general heading of "Generic", maybe I could help if I know which one you are attempting.
            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by sandes View Post
              I am using the generic profile. Crashes everytime around 30% completion.
              Please install v6.0.7.0 and try it. Other similar problems were corrected in the new release, hope your was also. Please post the results you get after the new install.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am using v6.0.7.0. Yesterday I attempted again using the generic avi.divx.mp3. It took over 15 hours to get it on my computer. The video transferred and works fine on my device, but the audio isn't functioning properly. Low and choppy. Maybe I should try the avi.divx.audiocopy, I am confused as to what codec that is, or is there some other audio setting I don't know about. What is the estimated time of converting 3 hours of video. 15 hours is rediculous.

Comment

I think you will find that any audiocopy profile will run much faster, but the MP3 should be running much faster than the times you are reporting. I just installed v6.0.7.0, but have not had time to do a conversion with any of hte MP3 profiles yet. Perhaps someone else has.

Comment

I just tried the audiocopy again. It starts out running much faster, but it doesn't finish at all. It stops at about 30% with a window from dvdfab asking for a damage report.

Comment

I tried both of the audio trials. audiocopy completed in 11:20, the mp3 took a little longer @ 14:08. Movie is Wolverine that new X men flick. Both profiles completed and the A/V sync is spot on perfect. Something is amiss sandes!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have just tried generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy also and same as 90312 have had no problems and audio is in sync. The process took just under an hour, 2 pass, for a 2 hr 15 minute movie.

A question though? Are you runnning DVD->Mobile direct on the original movie DVD or from a ripped hard disk folder?

Always use the hard disk folder as problems can occur direct from DVD.

When you are running Fab, are you running it as Administrator? Please try this and maybe we can track down what the heck is causing this.
                        Last edited by GregiBoy; 09-20-2009, 10:38 PM.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'll try converting from my hard disk folder. I have been going direct from dvd thus far. I don't know if I am running it as the Administrator or not. I don't see where I would choose that option?
                          Thanks for the support.

Comment

Right click on the Fab icon, "Run as Administrator"
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just tried again with no avail. GregiBoy and 90312 did you both try the profile [B]generic.avi.divx.audiocop, because that is what I am trying and it still doesn't work. For Mp3 the estimated completion time starts at 4 hours and starts gaining quickly, so I didn't even bother attempting from my hard disk file.

Comment

Working...
                              X