Forced subtitles in Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanker5 View Post
    I tried that. I tried it on each of the full length titles on the disc. The closest I can get is either a movie with all subtitles or no subtitles. I can't seem to get only the forced subtitles. The same thing happened when I tried to rip the Avengers also.
    Tanker, like Avatar I found that the forced subtitles for the star wars movies are not were you would expect them to be (if memory serves me the star wars disks have like 5 or 6 English subtitle tracks). And like Avatar, you don't use the forced subtitle feature. The best way to track down the correct track is to just rip two chapters of the movie, one must contain known forced sub title.

Oh and the Ipad3 mutlichannel h264 is a very good profile to use for ripping if you want to keep the 5.1 channel sound.

Comment

I just went back to Star Wars New Hope and found the sibtitles in the 3rd from the bottom English track and you do have to use the forced subtitles feature for them.

Comment

For the Star Wars movies, you cannot select "Forced subtitles only". Instead you have to select the correct english subtitle track. Here they are for all 6 movies:

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 6th English Subtitle
        Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - 6th English Subtitle
        Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - None
        Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - 2nd English Subtitle OR 5th English Subtitle
        Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - None
        Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - 6th English Subtitle

Comment

Subtitles for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

I found on my Blu-ray for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope that choosing the Title 800(1) and then selecting the last (6th) English Subtitle without checking the "forced subtitles" worked for me. None of the other options did.

Comment

Originally posted by dglidden View Post
            I just went back to Star Wars New Hope and found the sibtitles in the 3rd from the bottom English track and you do have to use the forced subtitles feature for them.
            This is what worked for me. 3rd from the bottom forced subtitles on. FYI, it only worked on my original blu ray not the backup blu ray.

Comment

never mind, that didn't work.

Comment

I am struggling with these titles. No matter what I try I can't get the subs to rip. Do I select the first video title (800)1?

I have tried every sub, forced, not forced, etc.

Comment

1) Select 800(1)
                  2) Select the bottom (last) English sub stream ONLY
                  3) Select Display Only Forced

See the attached captures for more info. This is from the disc in the box set. The second capture is from a MP4 conversion with BD Ripper, v9.2.2.8.
                  Attached Files
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks for the tip, I never noticed the "find forced subtitle stream!".

Comment

didn't work

Comment

if anyone else has trouble, I figured it out. I had to use makemkv to rip the title. The list of correct subs in this thread is correct, but dvdfab didn't work for me.

Step by step
                        Rip dvd with makemkv, selecting the correct sub as listed.
                        Use DVDfab to compress to mp4.

Comment

Working...
                        X