This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9 - 6.2.1.5 - Forced Subtitles Crash FabCore

I think this happens on all movies not just District 9.

How to create problem.

1. Rip District 9 to disk. I do Main Movie and English to ISO but a folder should be the same.
    2. Select DVD2Mobile Generic. I select generic xvid audio copy but I think any profile will cause it to crash.
    3. Select English (top one)
    4. Select Forced Subpictures
    5. Select Direct Render to Video in the profile.

The conversion actually completes and the forced subtitles will be there but FabCore crashes at the very end.

Anyone seeing this?

A new beta has been released download and install then try again with District 9, link below

Comment

I am now getting the same problem with Ver 6.1.2.6 and also when I revert to 6.1.2.5, no subtitles but at the end of the second pass the same as Bill.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Now the really funny part !!!

My version of 5.3.2.2 which I also have installed has started doing the same thing.

No new hardware, no new software other that Fab 6.1.2.6 Beta.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

hi,

I will test this problem when I get this disc, I use other source try it, cannot repeat this problem.

Comment

Well, it is doing it for EVERY disk now for me.

I also tried running as Administrator to see whether it was a rights issue. Same problem.

Comment

Ting, when you check this out please validate the command line function as well. I discovered this using the command line. I attached an example command line and profile for debug purposes.
              Attached Files

Comment

I just tried this with 6.1.2.6, from a Full Disc rip made with 6.1.2.6 and it worked perfectly, no crash. Generic xvid audiocopy, XP SP3, one pass. The forced subs appear as they should. The fix for District 9 was not present in 6.1.2.5.

The profile Bill is using appears to be also trying to run the MP3 encoder as well as copying the AC-3 audio from the disc.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes Signals you are totally correct.

But the documentation is a little confusing until you read it. This is from the profile documentation.

audio copy="1" codec="mp3" bitdepth="16">
                  <!-- audio
                  copy - if copy = 1, will copy the selected audio source stream
                  codec - if not copy, specify output audio stream codec, support value = "mp3","aac".
                  bitdepth- output audio stream bit per sample, support value = "16".
                  -->

This is from my audiocopy profile

<audio copy="1" >

Comment

I have no idea if this is part of the problem, just an observation. The stock profile I used (attached) does not reference MP3 or the lame codec. I suspect it may be related to being made with 6125 instead of 6126.
                    Attached Files
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't think so as I have tried both 6.2.1.5 & 6.2.1.6, no subtitles, and get the error after every encode.

And the stupid thing is that 5.3.2.2 has started doing it now also, no other changes to machine other that install 6.1.2.5 & 6 and as far as I know, they are installed in discrete subdirs with no common modules, dlls, etc.

Weird one...
                      Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-31-2009, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Signals, single pass works for me. It is 2 pass causing the problem. It happens on any movie. It does not seem to have anything to do with audio. I thought it might have something to do with forced subtitles but Gregiboy seems to have proved that theory false.

Comment

This is what Bill should have in his profile

audio copy="0" codec="mp3" bitdepth="16"

Comment

hi,

looks the problem is caused by 2pass encode, I have can repeat this problem, I will try to fix it.

thanks .

Comment

Hi Ting,

Glad that you found it.

I was just going to confirm that it happens on all titles, 2 pass. Doesn't matter whether subtitles are selected or not.

1 pass is fine....

Comment

Working...
                              X