ultra slow ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenns View Post
    Kacos:Are you settings for conversion speed the same as mine in the screen shot?
    Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang
      ..maybe you could try to converting from ISO file and see the result with IQS lightning-shrink.

Originally posted by kacos View Post
      I will give it a try when I get back and get back to you
      Actually I can't ..
      I had to install the latest intel & nvidia gpu drivers because with the older ones Win 8.1 kept crashing unexpectedly after a while (nothing to do with fab), which after 3 days searching for the reason, I pin-pointed it to the intel gpu drivers.

When fab supports either intel/nvidia latest drivers, I'd be happy to re-try.

Comment

Hi kacos

Intel driver 3621 is supported in DVDFAB V9155.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Intel driver 3621 is supported in DVDFAB V9155.
          Thanks Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang
            ..maybe you could try to converting from ISO file and see the result with IQS lightning-shrink.
            Ok,

rip "Jack Ryan" BD to mp4 on a sata3-ssd -> max 148fps
            copy film only (50BD) to sata2-hard-disc (not ssd) -> 30MB/s
            time for each ~20 minutes
            speed quoted is max speed (close to the end of the rip/copy)
            and this is probably because the optical drive uses CLV to read the disc

rip from disc to ssd -> 176fps
            speed quoted is max speed
            time ~14 minutes

which confirms what I said earlier: if it takes 20mins to copy BD to disc and then another 15mins to rip to mp4, wouldn't it be better to just maximise the speed of ripping directly from BD drive to Disc (which is now ~20mins) ??

Edit: Jack Ryan dvd direct rip to mp4 -> 220fps
            Last edited by kacos; 06-25-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

wow.. Catwoman dvd maxed 619fps !
              Attached Files

Comment

Do as you will but remember to check content before you store and forget as with some of the newer movies copy protections are tricky as i said sometimes they expand from 20 gigs to 130 gigs when you convert some of the newer disks.

Sometimes Fab will pick the wrong title to convert because they put 80 titles on the disk with the same run time and one title is a second longer Fab will pick the longer wrong file and you won't know what file to convert unless you play it first on a player that tells you what title it's playing.

Sometimes that file it's playing is not in the list of 80 files on the disk.Very tricky their getting good at fooling copying programs.So unless the movie is previewed or checked for proper chapter playing order,proper subtitles for forced subs etc. ripping and storing is not a good idea on the newer disks.Speed is one thing making a proper playing copy is another.

Comment

.. sometimes they expand from 20 gigs to 130 gigs when you convert some of the newer disks. Sometimes Fab will pick the wrong title to convert because they put 80 titles on the disk with the same run time and one title is a second longer Fab will pick the longer wrong file and you won't know what file to convert unless you play it first on a player that tells you what title it's playing.

Sometimes that file it's playing is not in the list of 80 files on the disk.Very tricky their getting good at fooling copying programs.
                  haven't seen one that does that yet. And the few times I had trouble with ripping a BD, Passkey helped me solve the problem.

..So unless the movie is previewed or checked for proper chapter playing order,proper subtitles for forced subs etc. ripping and storing is not a good idea on the newer disks.Speed is one thing making a proper playing copy is another.
                  I always check the final mp4 - the time you save by ripping directly is at least 15 minutes per disc times the total discs you rip, plus you don't over-use your hard disc by filling and deleting 50Gb files.

Anyway, let's get back to the speed 'problem'. Apart from the one dvd rip that went skyhigh with the fps, most BDs average now around 20minutes and around 148fps and DVDs around 12-15mins and ~160fps. Way better than before, but nothing close to the speeds of 200+ you mentioned previously.

Comment

In post #65 I did Black rock Blu ray it's a short movie 1hr and 23 mins. so total conversion time was 10:26 blu ray disk to hard drive as a iso

9:25 from iso on hard drive to mp4 FPS avg was 205.
                    FPS Means nothing in Fab as they go up and down total conversion time should be the only factor when comparing.

See Wilson's tests he tried 2 different machines same processor same movie and the FPS were way different.Also FPS started slow and slowly increased in some of my tests they can more than double from starting FPS as the more time that goes by the more the FPS went up and may go down a little towards the end.

Comment

see post #80
                      I mention both rip times and max fps, which changes accordingly since read from BD drive is CLV so disc rotation speed is not constant. But taking into consideration the shrinking and H.264 en/de-coding process, overall time and file size has improved (previously it took 50+mins to rip a BD film ..).

Comment

Working...
                      X