Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolala View Post
    Here are also steps that I could re-produce this issue:
    1) A DVD with resolution 640 x 480, but it's a 16:9 video with black bar on top and bottom
    2) Auto-crop it then the resolution becomes 640 x 364
    3) In previous working version, if I change the output resolution to 856 x 480 then the output file would be scaled up to full 856 x 480. However, with the latest 2 version, it creates small box effect that the output file is 856 x 480, but only 640 x 364 in the centre shows the video, and not only top and bottom with black bars, left and right also with black bars. In other words, 640 x 364 doesn't get scaled up to 856 x 480.
    Hi,

I suppose that maybe DVDFab read the Aspect Ratio incorrectly with the DVD source.

Resolution 640x480 but the video is 16:9, this DVD type is rare.
    Would you please upload a shot sample file to us?

Please check your PM message.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Ruduced window issue even with Blu-rays

I am also getting this issue when processing Blurays.

The output is systematically a smaller than expected frame which needs to be expanded on the PC or the TV.

How can I get my hands on a version (eg 9.1.7.1) where the issue does not occur.....can't seem to have access to previous packages on the site ?

Thanks

Comment

"The output is systematically a smaller than expected frame"

Yep, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by coolala View Post
          Here are also steps that I could re-produce this issue:
          1) A DVD with resolution 640 x 480, but it's a 16:9 video with black bar on top and bottom
          2) Auto-crop it then the resolution becomes 640 x 364
          3) In previous working version, if I change the output resolution to 856 x 480 then the output file would be scaled up to full 856 x 480. However, with the latest 2 version, it creates small box effect that the output file is 856 x 480, but only 640 x 364 in the centre shows the video, and not only top and bottom with black bars, left and right also with black bars. In other words, 640 x 364 doesn't get scaled up to 856 x 480.
          Hi coolala,

I'm using the latest version V9177. And converted video is fine when conveting the sample ISO file to 852*480.
          Playback on VLC.

1. Open the sample ISO file and select profile "MP4".
          2. The resolution is 632x332 in auto crop. It should be the actual movie size without the black bar.
          3. Change resolution to 852*480 in Advanced settings.
          4. Start convert.

Would you please follow my steps and try again?

Wilson
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi jsmiddleton4 and Joromi,

Would you please give us more details for you problem? And post the DVDFab internal log file.

The video size should be normally if converting with default settings.

Thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

No change with 9.1.7.8 beta version

The new release generates the same issue smaller than expected output frame. I have checked the behavior for both BD & DVD rip

As requested please find the log attached (BD rip)
              Attached Files

Comment

Yep.

No errors to report. Just not the right size....

Comment

Still the same image size issue with the latest 9.1.7.9 release.

See attached file
                  Attached Files

Comment

Frustrating isn't it....

Comment

Originally posted by Joromi View Post
                      The new release generates the same issue smaller than expected output frame. I have checked the behavior for both BD & DVD rip

As requested please find the log attached (BD rip)
                      Hi,

From the log file, the resolution of Blu-ray "SPACE_ODYSSEY" is 1920x1080 without black bar, but output resolution is 1920x800 when converting with profile "MP4.Default".

The resolution is constant when setting as default profile in the old version. Please delete the old mp4.default profile and set a new one.

And the converted DVD "THE_DUCHESS" has the same similar issue.

Please select profile "MP4" and try again.

Wilson
                      Attached Files

Thanks!

Comment

I make mkv's.

Comment

I've run into this issue myself. The issue is your default profile resolution settings. When you "Save as Default Profile" the resolution you select seems to become the maximum resolution the profile will support. You probably saved your default profile with a resolution setting of 1920x800 (making 1920x800 the maximum resolution your profile will support). What you need to do is find a 1920x1080 source (like SPACE_ODYSSEY) and go through the steps of recreating your default profile but this time being sure that you select 1920x1080 as the resolution before saving it. It will then work for all resolutions (including 1920x1080).
                          Last edited by RClark; 12-19-2014, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. However this did not happen with previous releases. No tweak was needed before. So while you've figured out a work around it is still a work around. However what you've discovered might help DVD Fab folks figure out the full long term fix.

Comment

Seems to me the output frame size should not be "remembered" at all. It will likely be different for each disc that has a different aspect ratio if cropping is on anyway.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I agree. Which is also why I think RClark with his work around may have provided what needs to be addressed so as to fix this thing once and for all...

Comment

Working...
                                X