Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) v9.1.7.8 Beta Audio Volume Missing

Audio Volume Increase/Decrease is missing from the mp4 profile
    Last edited by rcathra; 12-10-2014, 04:34 PM.

I don't find it either
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

It is inexplicably on the Info tab on the Edit page. Annoying.
      Attached Files
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would have never thought to look there

To get to the INFO screen, after selecting the source click the EDIT button:
        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, would never have thought to look there.

Of course that being said, it makes no sense to move it from right where all the other audio settings are still located.

Comment

I have passed this up the food chain.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, guys
              We are sorry to change the location of Volume settings without any notification.
              The reason we decide to change the location is that we tend to support real time listening in Edit in the future. But we do not support real time listening in this moment, maybe in several weeks later.
              Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Audio Volume

In 9.1.7.8Beta & 9.1.7.9 the volume slider is in the EDIT > Info tab but the setting is locked at the default 100% and cannot be adjusted to increase or decrease the audio!

Comment

I think it should only be locked if you selected "Copy Audio" on the previous page.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiangrui View Post
                    Hi, guys
                    We are sorry to change the location of Volume settings without any notification.
                    The reason we decide to change the location is that we tend to support real time listening in Edit in the future. But we do not support real time listening in this moment, maybe in several weeks later.
                    Thanks for your understanding.
                    Hi Jiangrui, we are concerned about controlling the volume of the audio encoding, not the speaker level while editing. Sounds like your feature is for editing only. ??

Comment

When the volume setting was in Advanced Settings > Audio it controlled the volume level of the output file in Ripper/Converter. If Audio Copy was set on then the default value was 100% and could not be altered, otherwise the volume level could be increased or decreased as required. This worked well.

In 9.1.7.8Beta and 9.1.7.9 the volume control is in EDIT > Info Mode (I agree with others this appears to make little sense as it does not relate to the volume level played in DVDFab). With Audio Copy unchecked the volume level is set at 100% (the 100 value id grey) and the volume level of the output files cannot be changed.

This makes DVDFab unusable (at least for me) until the functionality in 9.1.7.6 and previous is restored. It appears the change proposed may be at cross-purposes to its original use.

There is a separate volume control in the Preview window that controls the volume in DVDFab...perhaps this is the control that should be duplicated in EDIT Mode.

Comment

If you select Audio Copy or AC3 it will not adjust because it has not effect on the audio stream volume. If you select AAC audio is will work as before.

Correction: AC3 will appear to adjust, but I doubt effectiveness.
                        Last edited by 90312; 12-12-2014, 01:10 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Tks 90312. I've reinstalled 9.1.7.9 and run more detailed tests.

The problem only occurs when using 3D profiles. (eg 3D MP4 or 3D MKV).

For MP4 or MKV (2D) profiles the Volume Control is available. I have not yet run a test to check that it changes the volume, but assume it works OK.

When using the 3D profiles the Volume Control is stuck on 100% and the 100 is grey (noticed that the Rotate controls above the Volume Control are also grey possibly intentional but I don't use Rotate). I mostly use 3D so had not checked the 2D profiles.

Please re-enable the Volume Control for 3D Profiles.

Comment

Okay, I know nothing of 3D sorry.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X