• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    shmn,
    I have the disc now,
    Any progress or solution to this issue?

Comment

I have tried converting to mkv (H265 0.15 bit)with DVDFab 10048, but problem didn't reproduce.
      Last edited by Dora; 07-24-2017, 11:04 AM.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi shmn, I can't' reproduce exactly what you are seeing either. The tests I have made are not great, but the original disc does not look very good when played either. I think it may be way the television video was processed when the disc was made. Blocking like that around fast motion objects means that something in the chain (either encoding or playback) is not coping with the high peak bitrates or calculations it generates. Try a smaller screen size for the encoding like 1280x720 or smaller, your player will upscale it on-the-fly to 1920x1080 or whatever your screen requires.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Hi shmn, I can't' reproduce exactly what you are seeing either. The tests I have made are not great, but the original disc does not look very good when played either. I think it may be way the television video was processed when the disc was made. Blocking like that around fast motion objects means that something in the chain (either encoding or playback) is not coping with the high peak bitrates or calculations it generates. Try a smaller screen size for the encoding like 1280x720 or smaller, your player will upscale it on-the-fly to 1920x1080 or whatever your screen requires.
          Well, I tried it again with the latest version 10.0.4.9 and now the problem doesn't happen. That's very odd. I had tried ripping this disc a couple of years ago and had the problem but never did anything about it and then tried again recently with version 10.0.4.7 (I believe...two versions previous to 10.0.4.9) and with 9.3.2.1 and the problem occurred again no matter my compression settings which is when I posted the problem. Also tried different BR drives.

But I guess it doesn't matter now because whatever the problem was...it's now fixed. Thanks.

Comment

Glad to hear that, I think Dora took it to the developers.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X