No announcement yet.

Sharp AQUOS LC-46LE620UT won't play .MP4 created with DVD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ signals , Not the grammar police but your last sentence means the opposite of what I believe you were trying to say.
    What it says is DVDFab developers will share the manufacturer's lack of concern. This is because of the double negative.

Originally posted by signals View Post
    That is not to say that the DVDFab developers will not share the manufacturer's lack of concern, file playability is a high priority.
    For the profiles and 'persets' I didn't see any guides or tutorials on using these.
    I didn't find anything in them about "Handlers" , Tracks , or even avc1.
    Nothing about MPEG-4 version 1 or 2 . So no way to try to change this.
    I'm sure that the developers would know what to add but I don't.
    I did manage to get Ripper to use CABAC instead of CAVLC by changing a preset.
    So far that's it.

Comment

It seems unlikely that this is something that can easily be set in the profiles/"persets" - Looking through the profiles in DVDFab7 (Heh, it was still called "preset" then) reveals no further settings that would possibly apply to DVDFab 10 that would properly apply this tag. There's no actual documentation I can find on the presets/persets so I don't actually know what's available to be used. Short of Signals happening to know how to modify the profile to add this tag, it's likely this would need to be something the developers themselves fix internally to the application.

Comment

I do not know but suspect these are hard coded. I can promise this: the chances of getting a fix in Ripper from DVDFab are far better than of getting a firmware update from a TV manufacturer.

The presets and even to a lesser extent the profiles are not generally considered 'user adjustable'. DVDFab used to come with a profile editor, but it was dropped some time ago.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Oh, I don't think there's any disagreement there. There's no chance the TV manufacturer is going to change anything for this specific use case. I think the point of this thread by cholla was to figure out what the issue was so that the information could be passed on to the DVDFab developers to implement the fix since that's the only hope for a fix for this.

Comment

Johnathon got it correct. I wanted to point out that DVD Ripper was creating .mp4s that didn't work on my TV & at least one other forum member that posted the same for a Sony BD player. So that the developers could fix this.
            For every person that posts a problem there are usually many that never even seek the answer or post on a forum.
            I'm sure the TV manufacturer has no intention of creating or releasing a firmware update. As the saying goes "When pigs fly".
            I'm sure the DVDFab developers will look into this. Especially since it is a simple fix or should be for them.

For me I have several software capable of creating .mp4s that do work.
            The .MKVs created by DVD Ripper work fine.
            So it's not like I have to make DVD Ripper create a .mp4 that works.
            It can be convenient .

If you really want DVD Ripper to go crazy try an undetermined audio track .
            I think that's the term Ripper used.
            I canceled in about 5 minutes when it had already estimated the finish time at 30 hours & was still climbing.

Comment

The Audio that DVD Ripper couldn't process or I don't believe it could is "Undefined MPEG1/2".
              I tested this again actually in a little over one minute "Time left" reaches 27 hours & goes to 00:00:00.
              "Time elapsed" keeps counting but "Encoding" remains at 0% Fps shows 0.06 but seems to be frozen.
              Eventually shows "Total" 1/1 but keeps running "Time elapsed" .
              Note this is something I don't need fixed . It is something I'm just bringing to DVDFab's attention.

This is from a DVD Shrink "Set Start/End Frames" cut from a DVD.
              Since it can do this anywhere in a DVD not just by the chapter.
              I wanted a shorter DVD to work with so I created this 9 minute one of part of a concert.
              To get DVD Ripper to work with it I had to convert the DVD again with a software that changed the Audio to AC3.
              Then DVD Ripper worked fine with it.
              The reason for a short video is my computer is slow at encoding.

To my knowledge DVD Copy has no function like DVD Shrinks "Set Start/End Frames" .
              If it does I would like to know.
              I suppose the .VOB or the combined .VOBs with the video that someone wanted to cut could be opened in DVD Ripper and its' edit function used. Even then I believe the "Undefined MPEG1/2" would be a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X