Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merge Function File Naming (Ripper or Converter DVD/Blu-ray)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Merge Function File Naming (Ripper or Converter DVD/Blu-ray)

Am I doing something wrong? When trying to use the merge function in either the Ripper or the Converter module I can never quite get the name change the way I want it. I have tried doing it a few different ways without success. Using Copy and Paste I will copy the file name from a text file that I have created and then paste it into DVDFab's name field so the file is named what I want it to be. (Figure 1) After I paste the name in the field if I press the "ENTER" key, the merge will be erased and I have to start over. If I click on another field or press the "TAB" key the name will stay, but the name doesn't get transferred to the task queue manager. (Figure 2) When I press Start the merge will occur, but the name will be "Merge 1." Any suggestions? Included are the log files in case they're needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Figure 1.PNG
Views:	171
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	352005

Name:	Figure 2.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	352006

For Merge in Copy mode, use the following steps; illustrated below:
    1. Select Copy, then Merge from the GUI controls
    2. Load the first Source by drag and drop or the "+ADD" button
    3. Load the second Source as above
    4. Configure both Sources, for titles, chapters and audio/sub streams
    5. In the top line select Advanced Settings (#3 in the capture)
    6. Type the chosen name in the Volume Label box as shown
    7. Click OK
    8. Click Start

Name:	1-011 MERGE.png
Views:	195
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	352020

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What about the merge function inside the Ripper or the Converter module? Those are the ones that I had the problems with. I didn't try the merge function inside the Copy module.

Comment

Here is what I'm doing. DVDFab normally starts up in the Ripper module for me, but if it isn't there I click on 1 to get there. I then click on 2 and get the titles ready I want to merge together. I then click on 3 to create the merge task. In your instructions you referred to advanced options, that they aren't here 4. I next click on 5 so I can change the name. After I'm done changing the name I have to either press <Tab> or click on another title. If I press <Enter> while trying to rename the merge will be removed as if it's never there. Should the name change stick, if you then display the task queue manager by clicking on 6 it shows the original name "Merge 1"

What I would like to know, am I doing this incorrectly or is this a bug/installation problem?

Name:	Figure 1.png
Views:	149
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	352133
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Darkore,

Thank you for the report. I have forwarded it to the developers.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Darkore,

Update about the merge problem, it's fixed in DVDFab 10089, please update to check it out.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Works like a charm. Thank You

Comment

Working...
              X