sqeezed format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper sqeezed format

I keep on experiencing more and more problems; I've use DVDfab for years now, ripped over 6 TB of video and never experienced any problems with my wide screen images. I always used 16:9 and had perfect picture, but now I seem to be condemned and all I can reproduce is sqeezed format on my screen. I do not understand any of this change. Please help me out on this. Working this way is no fun at all.

If you are using Ripper, you may have changed a setting accidentally. Copy mode should not present any problems. If you can’t remember the setting, go to Common Settings and at the bottom of the page, select Default, then restart DVDFab. If that does not fix it, you will need to supply more information (disc name and type, DVDFab internal log etc.). There have been no changes to the way discs are authored or the way DVDFab handles them that I know of.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for yr reply. I will check it out asap. Rgds John Kerkhofs

Comment

I discovered that the problem is limited to a small numer of DVD's; In particular "The Sixth Sense" "P 2001 Buena Vista Home Entertainment " if that's relevant ?! But, like I mentioned before only recently this problem appeared. Never before. Date of release seems to make no difference. Yesterday I ripped much older movies. The results were fine, like before.

Kind regards, JK
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the additional feedback, if it worked before it can be made to work again. The developers will try to reproduce the problem if the disc can still be found. The needed log is the DVDFab internal log, not the fabcheck log, please supply that when time permits. You can simply let DVDFab load the disc, the log for it will be the last session at the end of the log; just copy and paste it into a new text document with Notepad.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here comes, what I believe is the last entry of the log after I reloaded the disc of "The Sixth Sense" . I hope I interpreted yr instructions corrrectly. xdisc_2020-05-01.log

Comment

Thanks, the log does not look normal. I will have the disc soon and will try to reproduce the problem.

Comment

thk you very much for yr support. I really appreciate yr assistance. King rgds JK

Comment

This disc works normally for me. Check the settings shown in the Ripper video editor

Click image for larger version  Name:	6thSENSE.png Views:	0 Size:	261.4 KB ID:	381258

which you can access here after loading the disc

Click image for larger version  Name:	6thSENSE2.png Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	381259

Comment

I am familiar with this part of the program. Please believe me when I say: I've tried them all ! This part of the settings is always my first step. But the results are not consistent. I cannot rely on what this editor tells me. The results finally on the screen are often not the same. What recently seemed to have made a difference ( a step backwards so it seems) was switching to MP4. I mostly used MP4.default. Also a major factor is 720p by changing the resolution. The movie in question here, I finally got the results I was searching for (after weeks of trying) But I'm still not sure how because now I have full screen and perfect picture !? By following the same procedure (all carefully written down) I don't always get the same results. Many of my movies are, what we call here in Holland, cinemascope. The black top side and the black bottom. (16:9) Acceptable to me but how do I end up with the full picture every now and then ? For the record: my screen is from LG 60UJ6309-ZA and fairly new. I hope you can make head or tale out of this. The software works fine for me most of the time. I used to have a background in IT networking, Long ago, so maybe that is why I keep looking for perfection, eager to understand what's going on. Anyway many thanks for yr support. JK

Comment

Hi JK and thanks for the continued feedback. The first step on any problem is to be able to reproduce it and I have not been able to accomplish this yet. Normally I would suspect a setting issue, but it should always provide consistent results regardless; the output should always match the output screen shown in the editor. Some DVDs, especially early ones, used different approaches for dealing the CinemaScope (widescreen) releases, so that may be part of the problem. Please list some of the titles that exhibit this. The developers may request some uploads for test purposes and may also wish to know the DVDFab version where it was first noticed.

Comment

I am trying to send you a file of images (screen prints) accompanied by explanatory text but I cannot bring the file back to proper proportions so it can be send in one go. pdf doen not work either. Maybe you have a better idea or send me yr email addres in my mailbox. The file I created is 735 kb only. It may explain some of the problems I keep on getting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                        JK

Comment

I will send you some information by forum pm, sorry for the delay.

Comment

Working...
                          X