Resolution Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Resolution Problem

Hei, first i postet this in the german Forum, they couldnt help (Link). Maybe i am lucky here

I am currently archiving my television recordings, these were mostly recorded in 4: 3 format. Therefore, the sender in question has the picture with bars at the top and unconscious, otherwise the picture is distorted. When I read the burned DVD in DVDFab 11.0.8.6, it lost various resolutions. (see Fig.1).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Abb1.PNG
Views:	523
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	381671

If I change the coding from h264 to VP8 and back to h264, it shows me higher resolutions (the original resolution) (Fig. 2) (The second avaiable Solution).

Name:	Abb2.PNG
Views:	331
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	381672

In other words, if I did not come up with this trick, I would have significant losses when converting all videos ... It is extremely annoying to always go through these steps, especially considering that I still have over 200 films in front of me . Is there a solution for this?

Boundary information:

The DVD is in the standard format without copy protection.
    The conversion should take place in the MKV container with the codec H264.
    As coding method I use CRF 18 with deinterlacing.

I made a pictur to better understand the situation, it is in german, but maybe it help:

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	381673

I am looking forward to get a better solution together or indentify some bugs

MfG Adler

What is the original size of the TV recordings? What size (???x???) do you wish them to be? I assume these are PAL originals, correct?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, they are PAL originals i think.

For example: The current Video i do: 768x576
      i cut the black Bars at the Top and Bottom, so it is 768x432

In the Pictures above, i cut a Little bit to much: there it is 768x424, so not exactly 16:9

I want them in the highest Resolution i could get, without bars at the top and Bottom.
      So in this case it should be 768x424 (because i cut a bit to much)

But if i search for the Resolution, DVDFab give me only 720x396 for the highest Resolution.
      Why is DVDfab shrinking the Video from 768x424 to 720x396.

Only after the "trick" i can select the unshrinked Resolution. Is this a mistake in the Program?

I mean... it works ... but it is anoying that i have to use the trick.
      Last edited by StarkerAdler; 05-14-2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Ah, and i noticed a second bug Maybe:

in the Editor of the Video, where you can crop it. The preview makes black bars at the sides, so that the Video Looks bruised.
        In the end, it isnt, but in the preview it Looks like. Here a Picture:

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	408
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	381691

that was very confusing at the begin. If you know, that this wont happen in the end, it is ok. But it unsettel.

Comment

Am i the only one with this Problem? Is this a local Problem?

Comment

Originally posted by StarkerAdler View Post
            Am i the only one with this Problem? Is this a local Problem?

About setting a resolution for all the files, you can manually input a value and save it as a default profile. See image attached.

Name:	save resolution profile.png
Views:	332
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	381970

Comment

Only after the "trick" i can select the unshrinked Resolution. Is this a mistake in the Program?
              Please update to the latest version of DVDFab 11 to try again and see if you can reproduce it or not, thanks.

Comment

Hei, the last patch solved the Problem, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X