This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping DVD Stops at 29%

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit x64-based processor v.1903 OS build 18362.900 with 12GB RAM with Intel Core i7-6500U

I purchased and installed DVDFab DVD Ripper 11 x64 v.11.0.9.2 yesterday, and I attempted to rip Season 12, Disc 1 of Supernatural.
    Codec, video quality and framerate are all Same as Source. I set it to split by chapter with Preserve Chapters ticked. I have None for subtitles, and the audio is En AC3 5.1. It is set for Theatre (MP4 Passthrough).

When I run the ripper for the main movie, it will get to 29% on the first chapter, then jump to the second chapter and get to 29% and stop. If I, instead, select each individual episode, it will start to rip the first episode, get to 29% in the first chapter, then jump to the second chapter, get to 29% and stop. (Don't ask me why, but you have all four episodes on the disc in one large file, and also in four smaller files).

I don't get any error messages, and nothing gets shifted into the archives. The K/s drops down to 0, then completely disappears, but the elapsed time continues to count.

I tried ripping the main movie without splitting, and it gets to 6% and stops.

I searched the FAQs, the forum for anything that might match my issue (going back more than 10 pages), and found no answers. I tried disabling the PathPlayer.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I even tried a different DVD drive (and the second drive did give me an error when it was reading the disc, I chose 'Ignore All', and then it registered the Main Movie file). No luck in anything. There's nothing wrong with the disc. It's brand new, and it plays just fine. Also, the second drive seems to take longer to analyze the disc -- but I assume that's an issue with the drive, itself.

Sorry if it's too much information, I wasn't sure exactly what you'd need. If you need other logs, just let me know. I was limited to two.

dvdfab_internal.log fabcheck_internal.log

Moving thread to DVD Ripper forum. Be sure to reset Pathplayer to Always Enable. The logs will be analyzed by the staff, if they need additional information they may post here or send you a forum pm, so watch for both. The log does show a read error.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry about getting it in the wrong forum.

I did, originally, have the PathPlayer always on, and still had this issue. I saw a post that had an issue that was somewhat similar and turning off the PathPlayer was suggested, so I thought I'd try that. I should have made that clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by fractured_chaos View Post
        I'm using Windows 10 64-bit x64-based processor v.1903 OS build 18362.900 with 12GB RAM with Intel Core i7-6500U

I purchased and installed DVDFab DVD Ripper 11 x64 v.11.0.9.2 yesterday, and I attempted to rip Season 12, Disc 1 of Supernatural.
        Codec, video quality and framerate are all Same as Source. I set it to split by chapter with Preserve Chapters ticked. I have None for subtitles, and the audio is En AC3 5.1. It is set for Theatre (MP4 Passthrough).

When I run the ripper for the main movie, it will get to 29% on the first chapter, then jump to the second chapter and get to 29% and stop. If I, instead, select each individual episode, it will start to rip the first episode, get to 29% in the first chapter, then jump to the second chapter, get to 29% and stop. (Don't ask me why, but you have all four episodes on the disc in one large file, and also in four smaller files).

I don't get any error messages, and nothing gets shifted into the archives. The K/s drops down to 0, then completely disappears, but the elapsed time continues to count.

I searched the FAQs, the forum for anything that might match my issue (going back more than 10 pages), and found no answers. I tried disabling the PathPlayer.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I even tried a different DVD drive (and the second drive did give me an error when it was reading the disc, I chose 'Ignore All', and then it registered the Main Movie file). No luck in anything. There's nothing wrong with the disc. It's brand new, and it plays just fine. Also, the second drive seems to take longer to analyze the disc -- but I assume that's an issue with the drive, itself.

Sorry if it's too much information, I wasn't sure exactly what you'd need. If you need other logs, just let me know. I was limited to two.

[ATTACH]n382942[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n382941[/ATTACH]
        please try new dvdfab release - 11.0.9.3
        retry the disc with pathplayer disabled
        and with cloud decryption service disabled (common settings - dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service)
        restart dvdfab and retry to rip Season 12, Disc 1 of Supernatural again and see if that works.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

please try new dvdfab release - 11.0.9.3
            retry the disc with pathplayer disabled
            and with cloud decryption service disabled (common settings - dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service)
            restart dvdfab and retry to rip Season 12, Disc 1 of Supernatural again and see if that works.
            Okay, did all that. Alas, it's worse. It only goes to 12%, now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	382975

[ATTACH]n382976[/ATTACH]

Comment

Okay, did all that. Alas, it's worse. It only goes to 12%, now.

Views:	608
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	382975

[ATTACH]n382976[/ATTACH]

re enable both cloud decryption service and set pathplayer back to always enabled
              and try - common settings - AV Codec - switch everything to software and retry
              your disc again.

Comment

re enable both cloud decryption service and set pathplayer back to always enabled
                and try - common settings - AV Codec - switch everything to software and retry
                your disc again.
                Okay, did that. It's back up to 29%.

This is so depressing.

But I do appreciate the help.

Views:	643
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	382980

[ATTACH]n382981[/ATTACH]

Comment

Okay, did that. It's back up to 29%.

This is so depressing.

But I do appreciate the help.

Views:	643
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	382980

[ATTACH]n382981[/ATTACH]
                  try checking your antivirus/internet security software
                  and see if it's interfering with dvdfab. - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-ripping-at-25

Comment

try checking your antivirus/internet security software
                    and see if it's interfering with dvdfab. - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-ripping-at-25
                    Tried that. Still not working. I'm using PC Protect. I added the exclusions, tried ripping the disc again... no change.

Comment

Tried that. Still not working. I'm using PC Protect. I added the exclusions, tried ripping the disc again... no change.

are you getting any activity from the dvd drive itself ??
                      have you tried leaving the program run to see if it picks back up ?

Comment

are you getting any activity from the dvd drive itself ??
                        have you tried leaving the program run to see if it picks back up ?
                        Oh, yes. I can hear it when it starts up. Something's happening, because the program analyses the disc, and it responds to commands. It just doesn't rip the whole file. It stops at 29% on the first chapter, jumps to the second one, and stops at 29% again, and just stays there. The K/s drops down to 0, the disappears altogether, The time remaining drops to zero, and the time that's passed keeps counting up. I have left it for several hours, and that's where it sits.

Comment

Oh, yes. I can hear it when it starts up. Something's happening, because the program analyses the disc, and it responds to commands. It just doesn't rip the whole file. It stops at 29% on the first chapter, jumps to the second one, and stops at 29% again, and just stays there. The K/s drops down to 0, the disappears altogether, The time remaining drops to zero, and the time that's passed keeps counting up. I have left it for several hours, and that's where it sits.
                          if the disc still stops after trying main movie or full disc,
                          then you may have a defective disc. try cleaning the disc even though it is new.
                          may not hurt to clean out you computers dvd drive also.

Comment

[ATTACH]n382942[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n382941[/ATTACH]
                            Please choose MKV passthrough or other regular MP4 profile to have a try and see the result.

Comment

The converting DVD to MP4 passthrough issue has been fixed, please update to the latest version to try again.

Shall you got any issue, please start a new thread to report it.

This one is closed. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X