Ripper/Profile bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper/Profile bug?

I'll do my best by posting screen captures to explain this. IF I select an audio track from the general "Profile" tab it not only changes the audio, it changes the video to whatever the "Audio" selected.

I've selected MKV for the audio in the Profile app/tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Video set to MKV.PNG
Views:	525
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	392994

Everything is correct.

Name:	Right.PNG
Views:	403
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	392995

If I go to the AUDIO option in the Profile app/tab, thinking this is how I change JUST the Audio track. I select AC3. BUT its not just the audio that changes to AC3. The Video changes from MKV to AC3.

I tried it to see if this was just a GUI thing and went ahead and made the MKV rip. The resulting video file was JUST audio. AC3 as selected. No video. I have to upload that screen capture in a comment. I reached my two limit.

Instead of more screen captures, attach the DVDFab internal log session. What you describe should not be possible, but I will try to duplicate the problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

"Should not be possible"

I agree. Which is why I wanted to document it with screen captures. If I coulda posted more than 2 screen captures initially could have demonstrated it instead of waiting till this morning. I don't have any log. Again my apologies. In having issues in my other posts, 99% stalling and since I had several different versions, 9-10-11-12, of DVDFab installed for testing purposes, I deleted everything, logs, appdata, etc., information so I could install DVDFab 12 clean. I wanted the newest version of 12 to be a clean install.

Here's the additional pictures.

When I click on the "Audio" tab of course takes me to this screen for Audio options. I pick AC3.

Name:	Audio Profile.PNG
Views:	473
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	393067

This is what the result is. As you can see BOTH Video and AUDIO fields now say AC3.

Name:	Changes Video to AC3 as well..PNG
Views:	383
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	393070

As noted the one rip I attempted just to see if this was a GUI error, the Video was really MKV even though it said AC3, ripped only Audio. The GUI was correct.

Again I agree. The logic of the choices/options seems to me to refer to the tab on the left, Audio choices should only change Audio.

Attached Files

Comment

The Audio tab on that page leads to options that are all audio-only, i.e. that audio button tells Fab that is all you want in the output. If you want to change the audio bitrate or format, those controls are on the Advanced Settings page which is accessible from the button with that name which is above the title information on the Ripper main page.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That could be a little clearer on the option screen.

Comment

Perhaps so, but the Ripper GUI has the tricky task of being easy to use and providing a powerful and rich suite of user controls for the experienced user. This involves some trade offs on both sides but I think they have struck a good balance.

Comment

Maybe but your explanation isn't consistent with how the rest of the options for that tab work. If you select a video codec in the "Video" section DVDFab doesn't assume you're JUST doing Video and set both Video and Audio to the Video selected option. Select MKV in Video tab DVDFab doesn't change Audio to MKV. Why would it do so in the Audio tab? If the audio option is intended for burning audio only, why does it make an MKV file?

And it doesn't start with selecting an Audio output file. You are configuring a Bluray or DVD, UHD.

Whether it is or not sure looks to me like a bug.

Comment

I’m talking about the top picture in your first post. The musical notes in the icons should tell you they are all audio profiles and you are in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmiddleton4@comcast.net View Post
                  Maybe but your explanation isn't consistent with how the rest of the options for that tab work. If you select a video codec in the "Video" section DVDFab doesn't assume you're JUST doing Video and set both Video and Audio to the Video selected option. Select MKV in Video tab DVDFab doesn't change Audio to MKV. Why would it do so in the Audio tab? If the audio option is intended for burning audio only, why does it make an MKV file?

And it doesn't start with selecting an Audio output file. You are configuring a Bluray or DVD, UHD.

Whether it is or not sure looks to me like a bug.
                  After you pick MKV as a profile, you can click on the wrench button to open the Advanced Settings window to select the audio codec you like. See image attached.

Name:	set audio.png
Views:	229
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	393190

Comment

Working...
                  X