DVDFAB not loading disc ? (V12.0.4.9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB not loading disc ? (V12.0.4.9)

I placed disc in USB blu ray drive. Windows explorer detects the disc but DVDFAB doesn't. I loaded a disc previously ripped and it doesn't detect that either. I have tried the following: Reinstalling windows: Disabling and renabling the usb drive. Deauthorising and re authorising DVDFAB. Ensuing DVDFAB is an exception in Windows firewall. Tried other ripping software which opened and read the disc fine.

Please attach the DVDFab internal log file.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please attach the DVDFab internal log file.
      iI've split them due to upload max size limits. Should read P1 to P4

P1 & P2 first
      Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Soni74;n400912]

Here's the remaining two .

Attached Files

Comment

From looking at the logs, its something do with this bit

2021.10.09-21:23:03 (12904): DriveX msg: media open(false) failed in driveX E.
          2021.10.09-21:23:03 (13472): Drive Version: E,
          2021.10.09-21:23:03 (12904): DriveX msg: add media failed in driveX E.
          2021.10.09-21:23:04 (13472): got firmware m20› .
          2021.10.09-21:23:04 (13472): Source manager: open source flag:1,0,1,1,1

It's not my bluray usb drive, i've used another sofware and its reading the drive fine, also blu ray disc plays via windows media player as well .

I'm stuck ....

Comment

Following the update to DVDFab x64 12.0.5.0 , disc issue seems to have been fixed. Yeah , happy days

Comment

Glad to hear that, thanks for the feedback.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is happening to me on version 12.0.5.2. Ripper and copy will not load a disc. Passkey gives an error that drive is not active if I try to rip with that. I can rip a disc using Handbrake with Passkey running.

Comment

okay I have the same problem with version 12.0.5.2 I'm trying to rip my bought copies of Everybody Loves Raymond they're NEW to put on my Plex Server and it sit there and does nothing at first I thought it was the Blu Ray Burners grant it they're almost 10 years old so replaced both of them that wasn't it so ya I reinstalled Windows 10 because too it was 10 years old that didn't fix it so now there is something broken in DVDFAB I hope these help because after that it CRASHES big time I have to Force Close DVDFAB
                  Attached Files

Comment

K. Doing some more testing loaded up my bought new House series to rip and it worked like a champ so I’m starting think bad DVD but they have only been out of the box once to watch years ago I can’t figure a DVD going bad just sitting in a environment control space with not a scratch on them. So today I’m going down and rent the ELR season 9 because none of them loaded BUT they play fine in a DVD player go figure. Can they be that cheap of a DVD media to deteriorate that fast over time.
                    Last edited by DCrusher; 11-14-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

More testing. NOPE that’s not it I bought another copy SAMETHING something is not reading on the dvd because I tried another program samething will not read so it is the dvd BUT what.

Comment

Have you tried cleaning the disc? Sometimes there is a film on the disc surface that impedes readability. Not a frequent problem, but worth trying.
                        Of course the discs could be defective - even just sitting in your cabinet. The data layer can become corroded over time if improperly manufactured.
                        Last edited by Rich86; 11-14-2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

yes tried that on multiple disc didn’t change anything BUT scratch a perfect clean disc to look like hell.

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                          Have you tried cleaning the disc? Sometimes there is a film on the disc surface that impedes readability. Not a frequent problem, but worth trying.
                          Of course the discs could be defective - even just sitting in your cabinet. The data layer can become corroded over time if improperly manufactured.

Comment

what did you use to clean the disc? I've always used a discwasher (or clone) device and their cleaning fluid without scratching anything.
                            below seems to be the latest version of what I use . .

Comment

Originally posted by DCrusher View Post
                              More testing. NOPE that’s not it I bought another copy SAMETHING something is not reading on the dvd because I tried another program samething will not read so it is the dvd BUT what.
                              start dvdfab, click common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings button in
                              the lower left corner of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and see if the discs will now read.

Comment

Working...
                              X