Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, but neither the klite/ffdshow option or the DVDFab virtual drive solved my problem. For klite, it seems that the default was the 2 channel stereo option, so I didn't have to change anything after installing, and in any case, I still had the low volume issue.

After installing the DVDFab VD, I still had the low volume issue, and unfortunately the MyMovies didn't seem to work with the software. It gave me the following error, which I wasn't getting with the Virtual Clone Drive, "No image mounter
    There were no image mounters detected on your system capable of mounting disc images. "

Does anybody else have any ideas how to solve my low volume issue when playing an ISO from my htpc?

Comment

Have you tried Media Player Classic Homecinema as suggested?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When you say Media Player Classic Homecinema, do you mean the the regular "Movies" menu under Windows Media Center, via the Mount Image addin? If so, yes, I did that, and am able to get the ISO to mount there, although it still doesn't work under MyMovies. But in all cases, I'm still getting the low volume out of my ISO playback, which is my main issue. I can't seem to find a solution to that. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Comment

Hi Rob_NYC
          I think what GregiBoy is referring to is this player to view your ISO images http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/about-homepage.html
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Oh, I had not seen that suggestion previously. Upon looking at the link, it just looks like another media player? While I'm getting desperate to resolve this issue, I'm hesitant to install yet another program that doesn't end up working. However, GregiBoy and CBR929, if you believe this will work, I will try it.

The only other issue I can see with this option is that I doubt this media player will work within the MyMovies platform of Windows Media Center. I really like that catalog software, so that could throw a curveball into my plans. However, if it simply means that I can hear normal volume for my ISO backups using the MPC, I will do it.

Let me know of any other thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

Why even use MyMovies plug in for media center when you can use just Media Center alone with your iso files you can use VCD or DVDFab Virtual Drive and to be able to see the iso files in media center you download this plug in below. Now since you have MyMovies installed you already have the thumbnails to know what the movie is give this a try as it works great but not sure if it will fix your low volume issue

Comment

I would also like to say that he should steer clear of codec packs. They can play hell with your system. Ffdshow is alright, thats actually a very good filter to use.
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

AGJ, I've been using MM because it seemed to be a cleaner and more seamless interface than the Media Center interface. However, I'm not married to MM and have installed the link you included, and using DVDFab VD it seems to work fine. However, my main issue, the low volume issue, is still occurring.

Racem22, I would prefer to stay away from codec packs, but in my desperation to solve this problem, I've simply been trying whatever is being suggested to me. So I did install klite, which includes the ffdshow, but again, it did not resolve the issue. Just to be clear, are you suggesting that you would recommend installing ffdshow, but not as part of the larger klite installation?

Comment

Make sure the inputs on your sound card are turned all the way up. Most of them have a "mixer" popup or something similar. This is not an unusual problem, more noticeable on some movies than others on my system and not noticeable at all with PowerDVD10 or VLC.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yup thats what I would suggest, just ffdshow. After the installation of certain codec packs, you might have to fix codec associations.
                      SPECS
                      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I'm pleased to report that i finally solved my low volume issue for playing BR. It didnt have anything to do with codecs, rather, it was a setting in my powerdvd player. Under settings, audio, output mode, i needed to change to "non decoded dolby digital/dts audio to external device".

thanks for everybodys help.

Comment

Working...
                        X