Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes no sense. If I crop a 1:.2.40 movie to 1920x800 and then render it to 1920x1080 to get the right appect ratio? There is no change in the result!

I have checked the croped .MKV and there are black frames in the rendered picture from DVDFab Bluray2File !

Please see my both pictures which are taken with videolan (reduced to 50% size to upload). One picture is from the croped 1920x800 (!) and the other was from the original 1920x1080 which was provides from the bluray disk.

You can see that the result from Bluray2File ignores the croping and makes a strange looking videofile :-(

This must be a bug.
    Attached Files

Comment

For a start, Fab does not and cannot set the anamorphic flags.

For a title such as this you have two options:-

1. Crop the file and set the output to 1920 x 800 and you should have no black bars.
      2. Do not crop the file and set output to 1920 x 1080 and you will have the letterbox bars encoded into the file. The black bars do not create a large file size overhead as they are black and there is no movement in them.

I really can not understand what the problem is.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        1. Crop the file and set the output to 1920 x 800 and you should have no black bars.
        This was I have done. I crop the file and set the output to 1920x800.
        If I then look to the result (single frame) it has black bars in every picture!

Please see the atached picture, this is the result from a different tool which generated .mkv videos. There are no black bars in the 1920x800 picture. If I try the same with dvdfab, I have black bars in the result.

Why?
        Attached Files

Comment

Since many users have the same issue, it should be resolved by the author of the software.

You can see the same issue here:

Last edited by Uwe.Paulsen; 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Please confirm that this happens with ANY content, in DVD or BD to Mobile, that is wider than 1.78:1 when decoded (i.e. 2.x:1 etc).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

From my testing, this happens with all content wider than 1:78:1 regardless of filetype and tested in VLC (+ others) every time. This is only the case for BD > Mobile though. Never had a problem with the cropping in DVD > Mobile.

Comment

I can confirm this. DVDFab seems to be encoding the black bars top and bottom, which makes the picture look squashed when the player forces the entire image to 2.35:1. Setting VLC to 16:10 makes the video look OK but the black bars are still there. I have passed this along to the developers along with sample files.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD's are OK BluRay are bad. Exactly what signals says.

Hopefuly will this fixed soon ...

Comment

my thread was closed, so i'd mention here, that this doesnt happen to everybody. my friend was able to crop the exact same file with the exact same settings and the same fab version where i wasnt able to.. and i was able to crop a bluray in bd2mobile before too, maybe with the final 7.0.4.0 doesnt remember...

Comment

I was using v7.0.5.8b, maybe we should all try the new official release, 7.0.6.0.

Comment

bimme,
                        the only explanation I can come up with is some other software have filters planted in your computer and Fab snag it somehow. Do you have other video encoding/editing software on your machine? Do you have codec pac or something like that... Did you update any of them recently, or any of them on autoupdate settings? Think, try to remember. Things like this doesn't happen out of blue.

Originally posted by bimme View Post
                        my thread was closed, so i'd mention here, that this doesnt happen to everybody. my friend was able to crop the exact same file with the exact same settings and the same fab version where i wasnt able to.. and i was able to crop a bluray in bd2mobile before too, maybe with the final 7.0.4.0 doesnt remember...
                        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Same results with v7.0.6.0 on two different movies, both 2.35:1 originals. This may be a re-appearance of a problem we had once before where the GUI is not remembering the user selections from the crop tab in Video Effect Settings. The top and bottom black bars are definitely being encoded. This can be seen in VLC by changing the Video-> crop settings during playback.

Comment

Dear all,

The problem will be fixed in next version, thank you for reporting.

Best Regards,
                            Fengtao
                            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I GOT IT !

thx to IP for the keyword "update"
                              i uninstalled Apple QUICKTIME, and the cropping is working again (v7.0.5.8b)

maybe signals and uwe.paulsen can confirm this?!

Comment

I have deinstalled Quicktime and rebooted. But no change, the black bars are there :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X