X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Brightness problem when converting Blu ray to mkv

Hello!

This is my first post in this forum and im new to DVDfab. I have a problem with the brightness when converting a blu ray disc to mkv. It is too bright compared to the original. I do as follows

1) Go to "Blu ray to mobile" option
    2) Load the blu ray disc
    3) Select the main track
    4) Select audio track
    5) Select subtitles
    6) Press "edit" under profile
    7) Select mkv.h264 audiocopy (because i want to adjust output size)
    8) Select fixed file size (the largest is 15k)
    9) Select size supported by device (1920x1080)

Everything else is on default

However result is a too bright video file, how do I fix this? Actually I dont think the problem excists if I just convert using mkv.remux straight away, but I want a smaller file size sooo... pls help, getting tired after a whole day trying to fix this

Why not try first with ripping just Movie only for the Blu-ray to your Hard drive. Then when that done play it back to make sure it not to bright. Then if it satisfactory you open that saved file with Blu-ray to Mobile and continue with the conversion you want

Comment

Actually I have also tried to rip the movie to disc first and then convert it with bluray to mobile, theres no difference. The full rip at disc looks like the original, no problem there. Its only when I start converting it gets too bright. Everything gets too bright, even then black bars are not black but grey.

I ripped the full disc to harddrive with anyDVD (and anyDVD was disabled while using DVDFab)

I have also tried to convert the movie with these programs

1) Pavtube Bluray ripper: Brightness and color looks fine, but there seems to be some jitter/pixelation in straight lines in the picture

2) Aiseesoft Bluray ripper: Looks very good, but I dont like it because the audio output only can bee aac or mp3 where mp3 is kind of weird. And its not good with subtitles either.

I like DVDFab the best, but output is just too bright

Comment

Please stick to discussing DVDFab, your preferences like and dislikes about other software are valid but not relevant to this attempt to help you with DVDFab.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by MUR View Post
          I ripped the full disc to harddrive with anyDVD (and anyDVD was disabled while using DVDFab)

I like DVDFab the best, but output is just too bright
          I don't think anybody can help you with content that have third-party origin. Please repeat the entire process from rip to mkv using DVDFab only. If your problem persist, please post DVDFab logs.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Signals:
            Yes thank you very much for your informative answer, that really helped me A LOT... by the way why dont you read my post before you comment about third party software. In the very first post I made I said I used DVDFAB ONLY, and that DOESNT WORK.... yes it doesnt help you that I talk about other software, but your answer sure doesnt help me a bit either

IPopov50:
            Thank you for trying to help... I have tried many times now to do the whole process in DVDfab (like I did in the beginning), but it doesnt make a difference at all. So tell me, where do I find the log file and would it help at all if there are no settings to adjust brightness? Pls enlight me
            Last edited by MUR; 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

What version of Fab are you using?

The reason that I ask is that I seem to remember a similar problem by a german user with a previous version of Fab.

I think the problem was related to the CUDA capabilities of his video card.

May I suggest that you try this:-

Make sure that you have the latest version of Fab installed.
              Turn all encoding to "Software"
              Do a test encode of a couple of chapters from the HDD rip that you have.

Please post back thr results.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you very very much GregiBoy, you just solved my problem

The problem was the GPU acceleration. I have an ATI Radeon 5850, and DVDFab was using DXVA to decode the video. That was the problem. When I turned on software decoding everything worked like a charm.

Have you heard about any problems with DVDFab and ATI Radeon GPU´s before? I guess its better to use GPU acceleration since its faster?

By the way, I use DVDFab v.7.0.7.0 (08/06/2010). Perhaps I should check if there are new GPU drivers and see if that might help.

Thank you so much for you help, it saved the day.. and the day before that

Comment

Yes, there are continual problems reported with the ATI Cards/Drivers and not only with Fab.

It is better to use the GPU as it is faster but not at the expense of a ratty encode.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

In addition to GregiBoy comment,
                    CUDA and whole concept of parallel computing was developed by nVIDIA. So, far all attempts of ATI to develop something similar were unsuccessful.
                    As a result, most of the nVIDIA product users are pleased and happy, and ATI users are not. Sorry, it's just a wrong product you are using for this process.
                    sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I agree. I wouldn't take an ATI card for free at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        I agree. I wouldn't take an ATI card for free at the moment.
                        Hmmmmmmm If it's for free.... I might take it. I'm not sure what I would do with it.... but I would take it.
                        sigpic

Comment

lol ok guys I see your point For gaming Im happy with ATI, but thats another story... so I guess Ill just use software render, it accomodates my needs anyway. Now Ill go an purchase the full version

Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                          X