Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other DRIOD X Video Profiles?

Hey guys,

Anybody have good settings for high quality video playback in the DROID X?

Looking for both the DVD to mobile profile and the Blu-Ray to Mobile profiles.

Please specify framerate, bitrate, resolution, and audio bitrate, etc.

I appreciate your input!

The X's resolution is 854x480, beyond that I've been using the Droid Classic profile (with minor tweaks) to create MP4s that play just fine.

Comment

Thats a start - but that setting is configged to 720x400, and only 23.967 fps? I think the Drid X can handle a bit more. Really wanna see what this thing is made of

Comment

Well, change them and see!

Don't change the framerate for a start but play around with the bitrate and the resolution.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Guys - Been fiddling around with this for about a week now....still not able to get video to playback smothly on the droid X - tried the regular Droid profile and been tweaking that from there. Any ideas?

Comment

Hey everybody - still looking for good profiles for the Droid X - can any body help? Having great difficulty getting this device to stream vids...bit rates? frame rates? res? Thanks!

Comment

Did it come with a sample video on it? if so off load it and see what it is made of.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Sample vid is MIA. Cant seem to get vids to convert over to DroiD x at all using the DVD Fab software. Choppy conversions at best.

Comment

Well, the distinct lack of interest shown on this forum for the Droid X shows how popular it is for what you are attempting to do.

As general comments on this class of device, there are quite a few factors that will affect the "choppiness". Everytime you increase resolution. bitrate, etc, it adds to the amount of throughput required and it could be something just as simple as a slow memory card.

You are going to have to do this yourself and this is the way I would go about it.

start with a known working profile and I understand that you have this with Droid Classic profile and just encode a few chapters and copy it to the internal memory, not the memory card and see if it plays smoothly.

Then increase the resolution and see the result.
                  Then increase the bitrate and see the result.
                  Then copy it to the memory card and see the result.

If you start getting "choppiness" at any point, you will now know your bottleneck.

Any good profile is usually a compromise between all the parameters and has a lot of permutations & compinations to try.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will have a Droid X this week and will be working on a profile for it. I will post it in the New Profiles thread when it is done.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals...looking forward to a second opinion from a user of the device.

Ive tried MANY different profiles using blueray to mobile....bluray to bluray then to mobile....800 mb/ps, just sterio audio....etc....all choppy.

The latest one I did the audio was WAY out of sync.

Comment

FYI - Ive opened an analyzed a native video shot with the X in Adobe Bridge. Heres what the Droid X does with the video...maybe that will help us in creating a DVD Fab Video that can be loaded to the Droid X.

3GP File (never heard of this format)
                        1280x720
                        Audio 96kbps 1 channel mono 44.1 khz
                        VBR, 1 Pass, Target 1.50Mbps (2.00 Maxx)
                        Data Rate 8014 kbps
                        23 frames per second

Note: After multiple failures with multiple blue ray converstions, I honestly feel that its not the Droid thats having the problem with the video, its DVDFab. Since the droid can play up to the resolutions above, and I used DVDfab to cut an 854x480 (Droid X native res) it seems DVDFab just cant make it happen? Also, due to the misynced audio....

thoughts?

Comment

Thanks for submitting that. Detailed video file requirements would really be nice. Can't find them anywhere on the web yet, but they will show up sooner or later. I am still working on this. The X does not recognize 3gp files if you put them in the Video folder, only if they are in the \DCIM\Camera folder. I made some with DVDFab and put them there but they don't look that good. It plays MP4 and WMV, ignores AVI, MKV. The video quality is excellent, really sharp and clear. The problem is that it can't redraw the screen fast enough to keep up with full screen (1.78:1) video if there is a lot of movement (actually, not even a lot, just some is enough for it to start dropping frames). Works fine if you hold it vertically, which gives a picture the size of two postage stamps. The audio sync has been perfect on everything I've made for it from DVD and Blu-ray. You can try experimenting with the Xbox360 wmv profile that is now available in BD to Mobile. The problem is not DVDFab, the files play great on a PC. I have not given up yet.

//EDIT//
                          Also, the 3gp files it makes are variable frame rate, which DVDFab does not produce.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your help SIGNALS - hope your enjoying your new phone. Great device, just cant wait to get it to play back the video DVDFAB makes.

Also, Froyo (Android 2.2 OS) is supposed to be about 4-5 times faster....that should help provess the video playback a little better.

Another strange thing I find is when I try and copy/paste a vid mae from DVDFAB (.mp4) into a new directory called (Video) on the X, it wants to convert it to .wmv...Windows media player format. It says if I dont, the device might not play it correctly. Ironicly, the device has not played backanything correctly yet so....

Anyhow, we will get there! Thanks again for your input and suggestions.

Comment

To paste stuff into \Video without the Droid driver interfering (and converting to wmv) you have to select Mass Storage mode for the USB connection (pull down from the tiny white area at the top of the screen). You can then put anything you want in there (but you may have trouble accessing the \DCIM\CAMERA folder). If "Droid X" shows up in My Computer, the device driver is active and will try to convert everything, but it does give me the option of copying without converting.

I let the driver convert a high bitrate MP4 I made with DVD to Mobile (modified for for 6xxXxxx resolution) that actually looked pretty good. I need to see if I can duplicate it with other content. It should play anything you make with the Generic h264+AAC MP4 profile in DVD to Mobile, it just won't play widescreen content well (4:3 no problem), especially with horizontal motion or camera pans.

//EDIT// The MP4 that I let it convert was 608x256, but the X scaled it up to full screen with no adjustments. I didn't know it would do that, an undocumented (like the video specs) feature.

Originally posted by cg5000 View Post
                              Thanks for your help SIGNALS - hope your enjoying your new phone. Great device, just cant wait to get it to play back the video DVDFAB makes.

Also, Froyo (Android 2.2 OS) is supposed to be about 4-5 times faster....that should help provess the video playback a little better.

Another strange thing I find is when I try and copy/paste a vid mae from DVDFAB (.mp4) into a new directory called (Video) on the X, it wants to convert it to .wmv...Windows media player format. It says if I dont, the device might not play it correctly. Ironicly, the device has not played backanything correctly yet so....

Anyhow, we will get there! Thanks again for your input and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X