This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
    AGJ, your post directed us to a note about increasing the bit rate. I was letting Sanger know what bitrate I was using, quite high I am sure you would agree, and that it provided NO benefit to the pixelization issue. How is that not helping?

Is this a WMV file? Using the WMV10 WMA5.1 profile. 2-pass, bit rate 2251, frame resolution 720*X depending on the video crop required, audio 5.1 increased to 135%. Please post back if you are able to get an in-sync, un-pixelated WMV file. Thanks.
    sanger is using the Zune which is still WMV but not the same as the XBox setting that you are using so totally different issue.

Comment

Thanks, the point was about increasing the bit rate, doesn't much matter wether it's the Zune Profile or the xBox profile. The results are the same pixelization and out of sync audio. Either way it was an additional data point for the group. To have it removed with NO explanation or PM didn't feel "right". My two cents.

Comment

hi,

I read the post again,

and current looks have two problem:

1. sync problem, please make sure using the same source in other setting(like mp4, mkv) will have sync problem too, if all have problem, which is the special source, and need be checked it.

2. 2pass pixelation problem, this problem looks belong to wmv encode, and also please using different source to try it, I will test it too, and try to solve this problem

the pixelation problem not happened in the normal play, only happened after the seek ?

thanks.
        Last edited by ting; 08-27-2010, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Ting, unless I am missing something there is NO "Same As Source" option when using either the WMA9 or WMA10 WMV xBox profile. Have tried 23.97, 29.97 and others while testing. Pixelation occurs after a seek has already occurred. Start video, move forward, video pixelated, give it a minute pixelation gone. Continue play seek again, pixelation again. The more seeking the more pixelation and out of sync the video will play. Using Software in the AV Codecs. Another item is the audio has distinct "buzz" about it. Faint but there. Do not hear it in the source, only on the WMV converted file in FAB. Final item is related to the attached.

First is the MediaInfo from the DVD VOB file, Width 720 x Height 480
          Second is the Video Effects Setting window with FAB's interpretation of the VOB file Width 852 x Height 480. This ends up creating a video with a 720 x 302 cropped resolution.

Does this make sense? I use another app to do the same thing and the Width and Height match the VOB and create a cropped video 720 x 360 which makes more sense to me. No pixelation on seek, no out of sync issue and no buzz in the audio.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ting, unless I am missing something there is NO "Same As Source" option when using either the WMA9 or WMA10 WMV xBox profile.
            He is asking you to use the same source disc, 2-pass, and settings to make an mp4 and/or mkv file instead of WMV. He is trying to narrow down the problem. Parts of the encode engine are common to all profiles and parts are not.

EDIT: Actually, I think he was asking the OP to do this on the Zune profile, but you can follow along too if you like.

Comment

Changed to Same As Source. AV Sync worse not better.

Comment

Changed to Same As Source. AV Sync worse not better.
                I not think ting meant to use Same as Source. I think meant to use same source DVD/Folder with all profiles that ting mentioned to try

Comment

hi,

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  I not think ting meant to use Same as Source. I think meant to use same source DVD/Folder with all profiles that ting mentioned to try
                  Yes,

sorry for my English, maybe not very clean for this problem, current I can sure this is not the problem for special source.

it's the problem for wmv/wma encode param, I will try to fix this problem.

thanks.

Comment

This profile works very well for me when played back on PC or Disney Mix Max, the closest thing I have to a Zune, or my DroidX. The sync and picture are fine, tested with low bitrate, small frame size.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I still can't get V8 to make a good conversion for me. DVD to DVD (or DVD Copy now) works fine.

Here's what I've tried...

Copied the Full DVD of test movie to HDD.
                      Set all codecs to software
                      disabled pathplayer
                      disabled turbo cpu

1. Copied movie to HDD using V8
                      2. Converted HDD file to WMV using V8 Zune profile. Mediainfo attached. File was horribly out of sync by the end of the movie.
                      3. Converted same HDD file to AVI @ 900Kbps with V8. Mediainfo attached. File sychronization was OK, but file played choppy. It didn't stutter, but the motion was definitely not smooth.
                      3. Converted same HDD file to AVI @ 1250kbps with V8 thinking it may correct the choppy video. It did not. Mediainfo attached.
                      4. Converted same HDD file to WMV with Zune profile with V6218 and same settings as V8. The only thing I changed was this was a 2 pass conversion. Mediainfo attached. Created file had great picture and a/v sync.

My V-card is an ATI HD4600 and I have the latesst drivers. I realize this set up may work for others , but it isn't for me.

So what exactly am I doing wrong?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sanger; 08-31-2010, 04:03 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by sanger View Post
                        So what exactly am I doing wrong?
                        Nothing as ting already replied and knows what problem is and will try and fix it. See quote below from post #23

Originally posted by ting View Post
                        it's the problem for wmv/wma encode param, I will try to fix this problem.

thanks.

Comment

Thanks AGJ, but I'm still confused why the AVI's didn't turn out. I've never used that profile before, but I expected better results. Does the bitrate need to be higher for those than 1250 to get a smooth copy? These were not high action scenes either.

Comment

Originally posted by sanger View Post
                            Thanks AGJ, but I'm still confused why the AVI's didn't turn out. I've never used that profile before, but I expected better results. Does the bitrate need to be higher for those than 1250 to get a smooth copy? These were not high action scenes either.
                            Not sure about that as I mainly do DVD Copy Full Disc but can give this a try myself as well to see what is up. Just need to remember that the DVD Ripper is now using the Ripper engine from the Blu-ray Ripper and some bugs are going to be found in the early releases of DVDFab 8 but knowing the DVDFab team it will be fixed and working just like it should as long as the proper info is posted for all problems like you have posted.

Guess I need to do more than just PSP, 3gp and XBox conversions to be able to know what to do when this happens

Comment

Any post that does not help with this problem for Zune settings will get deleted without any further warning

Comment

I'm not sure the Zune supports frame resolutions as high as the ones you are feeding it. The jerkiness may be the device dropping frames as it tries to keep up. Do a one pass test conversion at a frame resolution that matches the Zune screen and set the video bitrate so that the bits/pixel reading in DVDFab is around 0.2xx. Play the files on your PC (I couldn't see where you had reported on trying this) and see if they are smooth or jerky. Turn PathPlayer back on.
                                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                                X