Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a way to rip only the subtitle (sub) file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper is there a way to rip only the subtitle (sub) file?

I guess the title sums it up. I thought I'd never need to rip the subtitles when creating divx/avi files... however, now I need some of them and I don't see a way to get/rip them without ripping the entire video again.. the files that DVDFab rips (.sub) work perfectly with files even converted previously with the divx converter..

I did search here, but I see synch issues, etc, and not an answer for this particular question.

So, can I do it with the ripper - rip ONLY the .sub file? If not, how would I need to do it to get the exact same file/format that DVD ripper creates?

You can select "Extract to idx/sub" instead of "Direct Render to video" in Ripper on the Edit page, the control is a dropdown in the lower right. But you will need to re-rip them.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      You can select "Extract to idx/sub" instead of "Direct Render to video" in Ripper on the Edit page, the control is a dropdown in the lower right. But you will need to re-rip them.
      Thanks signals, okay, just to clarify.. the whole ripping process needs to occur again even to pull only the idx/sub files... so it'll take a while to get each one just as if I were ripping the video as well.. is that correct?
      Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2010, 07:55 PM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

Fombat,
        what is your source - DVD or BD?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Fombat,
          what is your source - DVD or BD?
          Hi IPopov50,
          They are DVD's.

Comment

To extract just subs from DVD you can use VobSub or PgcDemux (google it, it's freeware). If you want to extract it from BD, you can use BrHdStreamExtractor
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Upon looking at the created idx files, they appear to be VobSub files anyway.. does DVDRipper use the VobSub engine to extract the files?

Anyway, it seems that extracting the sub files isn't as easy as I thought it might be.. well easy, but time consuming.. like extracting separate embedded time coded tracks (and now that I think about it.. DUH..) rather than pulling out these little files from somewhere.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X