Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdfab@lugetron.com View Post
    I am having problems with enlarger AI as well
    Please attach the DVDFab internal log session and the Enlarger AI log session so help can be provided. See "Supplying Logs..." link in my sig for instructions.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Machine Specs:
      Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
      Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
      Memory: 16314MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16314MB RAM
      Page File: 7760MB used, 10986MB available
      Windows Dir: C:\Windows
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
      Manufacturer: NVIDIA
      Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
      DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
      Device Type: Full Device (POST)
      Attached Files

Comment

I think the name BD is Very Misleading.

I thought you were creating a BluRay format by adding Pixels.

But you are keeping the 4.3 Format, and just adding Pixels.

WHY have a 4.3 DVD, the size of a BluRay ???

I heard it even takes alot of time converting it.

Sorry . but I am having a hard time trying to understand your concept of things.

I tried adding a Mp4 video, and it did not recognize it.

Comment

I have Not seen an Update for the Al, but thought I would do another test.

I did a Test for Jurassic Park

DVDfab settings were,

To BluRay To BD50 1080p 34114/46100 (MB)

Juassic Park

Length: 7:14 Min (Movie 2 Hr 9 Min)

Frame Width: 1920

Frame Height: 1080

Data Rate: 34483 kbps

Total Bitrate: 34931 kbps

Frame Rate: 23.98

Size: 1.76 GB

The Resolution Still did NOT Change (even though the info said it did)

Your DVDfab speed monitor thing barley moved, and the RED was on CPU.

The 7 Min Video is 1.76 GB, so the 2 Hr Movie would be Numerous GB

I hope you Fix the Resolution Problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ordman View Post

The Resolution Still did NOT Change (even though the info said it did)

Your DVDfab speed monitor thing barley moved, and the RED was on CPU.

The 7 Min Video is 1.76 GB, so the 2 Hr Movie would be Numerous GB

I hope you Fix the Resolution Problem.
            Hi ordman,

1. We do dvd to bd Enlarge AI, with steps : 480p dvd video -> ai_scale to 1080p -> 1080p encode to BD,
            use MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download open output m2ts, you will see the out video resolution is 1920 x 1080 for 16:9 dvd source.
            I do not catch your describe of Resolution Still did NOT Change. Is this video play strange on some palyer or else. Please help. thanks.

2. Current monitor is for show encode engine status and encoding speed , RED on CPU is encoding use cpu.
            We will show AI GPU load info and memory in the comming version.

Yours,
            Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wang,

If I watch the dvd & watch the Ai clip they are the same size.

So the Video info is Wrong.

What is this MediaInfo you Mentioned ?

Comment

I think you will find they are the same SHAPE but not the same SIZE, but you can check this as Wilson suggested using MediaInfo (a free application that provides detailed info on media files). When you get it installed, open and use it to analyze one of the 1GB VOB files from the DVD HDD folder, then the largest m2ts file from the Enlarger AI output to see the result.

I will repeat that it is impossible for any software or hardware to change a square (4:3) frame to widescreen (16:9) without
                1) chopping off content from the top or bottom (or both) of the 4:3 image or
                2) sguashing or stretching the original image
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The Picture on your web site clearly shows a BIGGER Picture.

I went and double checked the Video again.

The Widscreen movie does not cover the whole screen, there are parts that are black at the top and bottom.

I played the DVD again, and the Ai clip (Because I have the Trail now) and the Black Parts at the bottom and top are the SAME.

This is a Jurassic Park Widescreen Movie,

All I'm saying is that is what I have, WHY is the Picture NOT Bigger.

Comment

Hi Ordman, you are not understanding what this product is for.

It is not to ZOOM the picture, which it seems is what you want to do.

DVDFab has been able to ZOOM video for years (and this is a very quick operation)

If you want to get rid of the black bars, you will have to ZOOM the video.
                    ZOOMING

What this product does is increase the DETAIL. For example edges around text and building windows should appear 'sharper' after a conversion.

This product's purpose in the market place is to improve the DETAIL of old content that cannot be improved via other means - for example, old home videos, old tv shows, etc.

(I have left Movies off this list since so many of them have been re-released on blu-ray, often with a very noticeable increase in picture DETAIL over their DVD counterparts.)

Comment

Hi Basementjack,

You Don't seem to understand what is going on.

Did you even read my prior statements ???

First I have been a member of DVDfab for several years, and I have NEVER seen a ZOOM Feature.

Please tell me and others where this is ?

Second this is NOT just to Sharpen details,

LOOK at the DVDfab website where it talks about this Program, and it shows the Video BIGGER than the Oriiginal.

I have tried several TESTS and the Video has ALWAYS been the same Size.

Also,

You People at DVDfab please show Me and Others where this ZOOM Feature Is ???

Comment

I want to clear something up,

When I mentioned a Black part at the bottom and top of the Video.

That is not part of the Video,

It is just part of the Player Screen outside of the video.

Which also helps me gauge the Size of the Video.

So that is a Good Reference point for me,

If the Video had gotten Bigger, there would be less Black Space and/or No Black Space.

Comment

The amount of black space inside the borders of your video player wouldn't be an accurate way to judge it.

If your video player has an info screen it should show you the resolution of the file.

For example on the popular free player VLC, if you play a movie, and then access the Tools Menu, then Media Information, then click on the Codec Tab it will list the video resolution.

I don't think the picture on the website of the family sends the right message about what it does.

A better picture is the one under it with Vin Diesel, there is a 'slider' in the center and you can scrub the slider back and forth. As you move the slider back and forth, note the increase in clarity of the image, that increase in clarity is what Enlarger AI is for.

I'll see if I can put some screenshots of the built in zoom feature in a PDF for you.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the video edit button:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	click this button.png
Views:	286
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	375879

Here's the video edit screen, set the aspect ratio to 16:9 to match that of a Television, then drag the white handles to 'zoom' the video so the black bars are removed or reduced to your liking.

This is a 'normal' feature of DVDfab and is not part of the enlarger component.

Click image for larger version

Name:	video edit settings.png
Views:	210
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	375880

Comment

OK, I have seen the video edit button, but I have never used it.

You confused me, when you said ZOOM.

Comment

For Al you need to ADD H265

Comment

Working...
                                X