Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I9-10980XE only in use with Copy module (BD to UHD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Enlarger AI for Converter I9-10980XE only in use with Copy module (BD to UHD)

Hi,

I am using DVDFab 12.0.1.2 and my system has an i9-10980XE CPU, an nVIDIA GTX 980 Ti GPU (waiting to be updated) and 64GB of RAM. Per CPU I get 7 FPS on average withe de Copy module and BD to UHD preset, while with the GPU only 2.5 FPS. Ok, I understand that those numbers are fine. But some questions, please:

1. Why Enlarger AI only uses the CPU in the Copy module. And only in BD to UHD template. Neither in Ripper nor in Converter my CPU works (its use falls below 10%). In the Copy module the CPU usage goes up to 90% on average (see screenshot).

Click image for larger version

Name:	8aef9abedfcd105e077d9e78d2f4cfbao.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	387746

2. I have found that Enlarger AI uses the AVX2 instructions. But my CPU has the AVX-512 instructions as well and that instrucctions are not in use. Are there plans to take advantage of the AVX-512, as free third-party software already does? Intel says that AVX-512 has applications on artificial intelligence.

3. When it comes to converting from DVD to BD then Enlarger AI is only okay if I use the GPU. CPU drops below 10% on all three modules (Copy, Ripper and Converter). Why the CPU are not in use in that cases? Why the CPU only works well (>90% of use) with BD to UHD Copy's template?

4. I'm thinking of upgrading the GPU when prices normalize (presumably in a few months). Roughly how many FPS could I get with the RTX 3090?

Thank you very much for your attention

The 3000 series is not currently supported due to problems with the driver, so no way to give you an estimate. The speed will depend on your settings at any rate. I am sure it will be supported about the time you make the upgrade. My 2080 16gb i9 machine hovers in the mid single digits (4-7 FPS) with typical settings upscaling.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, thanks.

But, why my i9-10980XE only works well (90% CPU usage) in Copy module? In Ripper and Converter modules the CPU usage falls down to 10%.

Thanks

Comment

What speed do you get in Ripper (fps) when only the cpu is used? A small percentage of an I9 is still a lot of data manipulation.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Conrado77 View Post
          Hi,

I am using DVDFab 12.0.1.2 and my system has an i9-10980XE CPU, an nVIDIA GTX 980 Ti GPU (waiting to be updated) and 64GB of RAM. Per CPU I get 7 FPS on average withe de Copy module and BD to UHD preset, while with the GPU only 2.5 FPS. Ok, I understand that those numbers are fine. But some questions, please:

1. Why Enlarger AI only uses the CPU in the Copy module. And only in BD to UHD template. Neither in Ripper nor in Converter my CPU works (its use falls below 10%). In the Copy module the CPU usage goes up to 90% on average (see screenshot).

2. I have found that Enlarger AI uses the AVX2 instructions. But my CPU has the AVX-512 instructions as well and that instrucctions are not in use. Are there plans to take advantage of the AVX-512, as free third-party software already does? Intel says that AVX-512 has applications on artificial intelligence.

3. When it comes to converting from DVD to BD then Enlarger AI is only okay if I use the GPU. CPU drops below 10% on all three modules (Copy, Ripper and Converter). Why the CPU are not in use in that cases? Why the CPU only works well (>90% of use) with BD to UHD Copy's template?

4. I'm thinking of upgrading the GPU when prices normalize (presumably in a few months). Roughly how many FPS could I get with the RTX 3090?

Thank you very much for your attention
          1. GTX 980 Ti not support UHD need 4k hevc 10bit encode, your need at least pascal GTX 10 ser.
          2. AVX-512 was enabled in hevc, more info please.
          3. Enlarger AI the bottleneck is GPU, power GPU with 6GB or more GPU memory. cpu is waiting GPU.
          4. RTX 30 is a good choice. Enlarge AI will be 10 times compare RTX 3090 vs 980ti. But may still need day for 1080p to 4k size.
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-23-2020, 09:12 AM.
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The 3000 series is not currently supported due to problems with the driver, so no way to give you an estimate. The speed will depend on your settings at any rate. I am sure it will be supported about the time you make the upgrade. My 2080 16gb i9 machine hovers in the mid single digits (4-7 FPS) with typical settings upscaling.
            RTX 30 work good start from :
            Enlarge AI in DVDFab 12.0.1.3
            DVDFab Video Enhancer AI 1.0.0.4
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              GTX 980 Ti not support UHD need 4k hevc 10bit encode, your need at least pascal GTX 10 ser.
              Ok, only 8bit in 4K HEVC with GTX 980 Ti. So, GPU is not valid for Enlarger BD to UHD.

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              2. AVX-512 was enabled in hevc, more info please.
              My CPU is running at 3,3GHz all cores when I am using the BD to UHD template (HEVC). 3,3GHz is the AVX2 all cores speed of my CPU. If the CPU were using AVX-512, then the CPU frecuency should be 2,8GHz.

The i9-10980XE all core (non turbo) frequencies are:

- no-AVX2: 3,8GHz

- AVX2: 3,3GHz

- AVX 512: 2,8GHz

As you can see in the attached picture (on the right, the HWInfo), the CPU is running at 3,3GHz all cores (most of the time) when I am using BD to UHD template. That means no AVX-512 are in use. If it was the case, then the all cores CPU speed should be 2,8GHz.

Thanks for your time
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X