Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy Blurays not recognized since Mountain Lion

Hi

since I updated to Mountain Lion, DVDFab is not reading Blurays anymore. It's just waiting for inserting a disc. Tried with two different readers which both were working under Lion.

any help would be appreciated

Dave

Blu-ray Copy Blurays not recognized since Mountain

Having the same problem. Hope they get it worked out.

Comment

Hi,
      Please post your log file.
      Please try to connect only one BD-ROM on your MAC and open DVDFab.
      Could the disc recognized by Mac OS?

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

log attached.
        Currently only one drive is attached to my MacBook, identified as "MATSHITA BD-MLTUJ-210S" in the DVDFab write-target field

The disc itself is visible in the finder, but not in the application

Thx
        Dave
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CBR929; 07-31-2012, 11:13 PM. Reason: Fixed log

Comment

Blu Ray discs not recognised

I have a similar problem. Since Mountain Lion, the iMac will recognise the disc, the directory structure is visible. When browsing the disc (Dracula, Stargate, Aliens) the BDMV folder seems to have changed to a file AND I can find no .mts files anywhere. DVDFAB just keeps scanning the directory structure on the disc forever.

The Aliens Blu Ray had been ripped once and worked using DVD FAB - post Mountain Lion and the latest DVD FAB update it is now as above.

I am suspicious of not being able to see the .mts files....

Comment

regarding the BDMV folder: This is because Mountain Lion handles BDMV now as package (like iPhoto database), you can browse the file by right-click and show package content

Comment

Thanks Dave 101

That explains why I cannot see it. Is this likely to be why DVDFAB cannot load. In the open disc dialogue, what was the BDMV folder is now greyed out. Did you mean I can right click during the selection dialogue?

Comment

no, this doesn't work, at least not for me

Sometimes, when switching several times between clone disk and main title, it's suddenly starting reading the disc, however, this is never finishing.

I hope, an update will solve this soon

Comment

Exact same issue, upgrading to Mountain Lion killed the ability to detect bluray. Not sure how to work around the issue, I tried the latest 8.2.0.0 release, and it still doesn't work.

Right now I am having to use other apps instead of DVDFAB, hopefully this will be fixed quickly.

EDIT: Since Wilson Wang hasn't returned to state either a beta fix will occur, or with instructions for a temporary workaround, I went ahead and sent a Private Message asking for that info.
                  Last edited by Richdmoore; 08-07-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

8185, 8198, and now 8200 since mountain lion all broken

Hi,

Bluray reading still hangs on both a physical disk and ISO file. DVDFab either crashes or I have to force quit and trying to launch the application again, I receive a message that DVDFab can not be opened as "PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

DVDFab 8.1.8.5, 8.1.9.8, and 8.2.0.0 have not worked for me since the mountain lion upgrade and this latest 8.2.0.0 update introduced the powerPC error.

Comment

I just copied two Blurays with 8.2.0.0 successfully
                      For me the latest update seems to work
                      Thx

Comment

Just to update, I tried and can't get either dvd or bluray to scan under DVDFAB. They mount normally under mountain lion, and other apps (such as makemkv) detect the discs without issues.

I went under documents, and deleted the 8.2.0.0 config folder, nothing changed. I am at my wits end trying to get this software to work as advertised.

Comment

More troubleshooting, I unplugged my USB bluray drive, plugged in an USB DVDRW drive, still didn't work. Finally I tried the internal drive in my imac, and it read a dvd.....

For some reason DVDFAB is only detecting the internal DVD drive, which will work for now, except for the fact that it is not a bluray drive.....

EDIT:
                          For some reason, I can select any of the 3 available drives as a target, so the app does see the drives to some extent (at least for writing) but it can't see them for reading data.....

I would be willing to send logs or run any diagnostics to the developers if it helps. Please contact me via PM.
                          Last edited by Richdmoore; 08-10-2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Bluray Copy is having problems with Mountain Lion 40% of the times will not open disks because the BMVD folder is grayed out in DVD Fab: Out of Africa, Texas Killing Fields, Fight Club

Comment

What apps are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X