Problems with chapters in DVDFab 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with chapters in DVDFab 10

I have noticed that chapters in MKV files that I rip in DVDFab 10 do not work when played through my Sony blu-ray player. Chapters in MKV files created in DVDFab 9 work just fine. Something seems to have changed in the way chapters are saved in version 10 compared to version 9. This never bothered me before because I just used DVDFab 9 instead. Now with macOS High Sierra coming out I have found out that DVDFab 9 will not work with that system (I am running a public beta of macOS 10.13) and I must use DVDFab 10. Chapters in MKV files that I make with DVDFab 10 actually lockup my Sony Blu-ray player when I try to play them and I have to force the power off on the unit and turn it back on again. Is there any way this problem with chapters can be fixed or do I just have to find software some place else to rip my Blu-ray disks?
    Last edited by jarjarjar; 09-09-2017, 11:20 AM.

If you are selecting Preserve Chapters on the Advanced Settings page in Ripper they should work with most players. Please tell us which MKV profile you are using and attach a DVDFab internal log session from one of the conversions to a new post. If you do not have MediaInfo, please install it from here http://itunes.apple.com/app/mediainfo/id510620098 (there is a small fee) and scan one of the 'no-chapter' files and attach the report it generates to a post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If you are selecting Preserve Chapters on the Advanced Settings page in Ripper they should work with most players. Please tell us which MKV profile you are using and attach a DVDFab internal log session from one of the conversions to a new post. If you do not have MediaInfo, please install it from here http://itunes.apple.com/app/mediainfo/id510620098 (there is a small fee) and scan one of the 'no-chapter' files and attach the report it generates to a post.
      Let me start off by saying that it doesn't matter which mkv profile I use (usually the standard mkv profile you offer or the 3D profile). Providing you with logs wouldn't do much good because it is a programing problem not a user problem. You need to check what is different between the coding you used in DvdFab 9 and compare it to DvdFab 10 and correct the problem in Dvdfab 10. By the way, I have a friend with the Windows version of DvdFab 10 and he has exactly the same problem on windows (chapters in DvdFab 10 will not work when played through Sony Blu-ray players, Chapters in DvdFab 9 always work).

Comment

The logs have little to do with user problems and would help illuminate the problem for the developers, but of course you may choose not to supply it. A MediaInfo scan of one of the problem files might also be helpful.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I found that the problems I was having with chapters wasn't with DVDfab 10. It was my blu-ray player. I have two Sony blu-ray players. Chapters created in mkv files with DVDfab 10 work in my newer Sony Blu-ray player, but don't work in the older Sony Blu-ray player. When I used DVDfab 9 Chapters worked in both players. I don't know what is different about how chapters are saved in DVDfab 10 compared to DVDfab 9, but something is different. I guess I will have to live with fact that my older blu-ray player is outdated.

Comment

Hi,

Please specify the model of your old and new Sony Blu-ray players.
            And post dvdfab_internal.log file.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Working...
            X