Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac: Video Converter doesn't support Hardware Acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac: Video Converter doesn't support Hardware Acceleration?

Hi, I can't seem to find a clear answer in the forum or in the net:
    I have switched from Windows to Mac recently. I purchased a second license of DVDFAB for Mac.
    I have the latest and greatest iMac with a nice ATI Radeon Pro 580 GPU (8 GB VRAM).
    Unfortunately, I cannot find out how to activate hardware acceleration for Video Converter.
    I am currently converting a huge number of videos to H265, and not having GPU support makes everything incredibly slow...
    Am I doing something wrong? Or does this feature not (yet) exist in DVDFAB MAC?
    Thank you for any help or clear answers!

It's not supported yet, but we will support H.265 hardware acceleration for MAC in the near future.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi Zorny,
      Please post in the Fab for Mac forum next time. I have moved your thread there.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will it support a Nvidia card hardware acceleration in a Mac Pro if you buy one?

Comment

Hi DVDFAB-team, any news about hardware acceleration on iMac? The video converter is soooo slooooow on Mac...

Comment

I'd just like to know... is H.256 hardware acceleration coming to the Mac version anytime soon...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorny View Post
              I'd just like to know... is H.256 hardware acceleration coming to the Mac version anytime soon...?
              Hello Zorny,

I will forward your message to our developers again.

Regards,
              mona

Comment

Hi there, is there any news regarding hardware acceleration for Mac?

Comment

Hello Zorny,

We still need time to support H.265 hardware acceleration for MAC. It's not an easy job, please understand. Thank you.

Regards,
                  Mona

Comment

Hi,

Just wanted to add my voice as someone who needs Mac hardware acceleration as I want to start using H265. At the moment it is prohibitively slow.

Regards

Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X