DVD FAB FOR MAC M1 Silicon Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleChris View Post
    My MacBookPro with M1 has been running DVDFab ( using Rosetta2 ) since I got it 6 months ago - no problems with any menus and using my Pioneer BDR-XD05S drive
    it would be nice to have it Apple Silicon Native
    Does it have Video Toolbox support under Rosetta 2?

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleChris View Post
      Hello winna, I do not see an EaseFab Apple M1 "Universal" version. It may run OK with Rosetta2, but please do a Get Info on the EaseFab app on your Mac and see if it is truly "Application (Universal)" or "Application (Apple Silicon)" and not just "Application (Intel)" - Thanks [I hope you find an Apple Silicon native app] I know the company states "(Apple M1 & 64-bit macOS compatible)" but I don't see an M1 compiled version.
      They replied:

Hello,

The native version will release in the next version. It won't take long

Sincerely yours,
      Annie
      DumboFab Support Team
      mailto:support@dumbosoft.com

Comment

Since I've upgraded my macos to 12.xx I have not been able to even run my Lifetime version of DVDFab. I tried de-authorizing it, deleting it and reinstalling it and the logo flashes for a moment then I get the message to reopen, report or ignore. Clicking on any one of these options ends in a loop of trying to run it again. I just reinstalled rosetta 2 to see if that would help but I get the same results. I don't think DVDFab is ever going to fix this for the M1 chip so is there a way that I can get a refund? It runs fine on my Windows 11 PC, but is useless on my mac. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter. I am including my most recent log file.
        Attached Files
        Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

All Macs except for the MacPro use M1 chips now. Still there is NO version of DVDFab that will work with that chip, and no statement when a version of DVDFab might be released that will work with M1 chips. I guess there will never be one either. It's obvious that Mac support will have to be dropped by this manufacture. What Mac owner would purchase this app when it doesn't work on a Mac? The least they could do here is let users know one way or another what their plans are. This is a very poor way to treat their Mac users. If you have a M1 Mac do not purchase anything from this manufacturer. They will take your money and give you an application that will not work for you.

Comment

Is this a joke?? Haven’t been online here since December. I was sure to find an M1 native version but no!?!? This is bad, REALLY bad! What are you guys doing? Maybe you need some new staff that can make this happen. Thumbs down and buried.

Comment

Originally posted by jarjarjar View Post
              All Macs except for the MacPro use M1 chips now. Still there is NO version of DVDFab that will work with that chip, and no statement when a version of DVDFab might be released that will work with M1 chips. I guess there will never be one either. It's obvious that Mac support will have to be dropped by this manufacture. What Mac owner would purchase this app when it doesn't work on a Mac? The least they could do here is let users know one way or another what their plans are. This is a very poor way to treat their Mac users. If you have a M1 Mac do not purchase anything from this manufacturer. They will take your money and give you an application that will not work for you.
              I agree! They sell an application that will ONLY run on Intel Macs. Can’t see any information. It should clearly state that it WILL NOT run on M1 before purchasing.

Comment

Have any of the new releases of the M1 version of DVDFab worked right for anyone? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post

I agree! They sell an application that will ONLY run on Intel Macs. Can’t see any information. It should clearly state that it WILL NOT run on M1 before purchasing.
                  It runs with all Mac's. But you can't use the M1 Version right now (at least not me) But you can for sure run the Intel Version under Rosetta...very, very, very slow.. So your statement is not quite true...

Comment

Have any of the new releases of the M1 version of DVDFab worked right for anyone? Just curious.
                    Please give this version a try and feedback, thank you.
                    https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-..._notarized.dmg

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please give this version a try and feedback, thank you.
                      https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-..._notarized.dmg
                      I gave this a try and I am sorry but it didn't work well at all. I have enclosed some attachments of my settings and the final outcome. You should see that the fps is slow and the final file size is very large. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.26.47 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	176.7 KB ID:	411309 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 10.10.54 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	411310 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.35.17 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	330.6 KB ID:	411311 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.38.32 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	394.4 KB ID:	411312
                      Last edited by jarjarjar; 06-20-2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I gave this a try and I am sorry but it didn't work well at all. I have enclosed some attachments of my settings and the final outcome. You should see that the fps is slow and the final file size is very large. Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.26.47 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	176.7 KB ID:	411309 Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 10.10.54 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	411310 Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.35.17 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	330.6 KB ID:	411311 Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.38.32 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	394.4 KB ID:	411312
                        For the slow fps problem, please go to the Activity Monitor and check if it shows Apple there as shown in the image below.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220621-100945.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	411334

If it shows as Intel, please find DVDFab 12 > Get Info, see image below.

Name:	20220621-101410.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	411335

And then uncheck the option "open using Rosetta", see the example below:

Name:	screenshot-20220621-101623.png
Views:	483
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	411336
                        After that, convert again and see the result.
                        If you still have a slow conversion problem, please zip the whole log folder and send it to us, we will check for you. Thank you.

Comment

my settings were correct. here is the log file you asked for.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by jarjarjar; 06-21-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Mona this is specifically for you !!! On June 21 I attached my log files to my last post. You have never acknowledged receiving them or if anything was found out from them. This is very rude for you to do that. I also see that other people are having trouble with the M1 version, so it's not just me. An answer to what was found in my log files would be nice.

Comment

Mona this is specifically for you !!! On June 21 I attached my log files to my last post. You have never acknowledged receiving them or if anything was found out from them. This is very rude for you to do that. I also see that other people are having trouble with the M1 version, so it's not just me. An answer to what was found in my log files would be nice.
                              I am terribly sorry to give you such a feeling. The developer said that the problem is a bit complicated, and he needs more time to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I am terribly sorry to give you such a feeling. The developer said that the problem is a bit complicated, and he needs more time to look into it.
                                I'm sorry but how come you find it so complicated when other software companies fixed M1 versions light years ago??
                                Last edited by winna; 07-26-2022, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X