No Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Video

I have just installed Media Player and I am having a strange problem. When playing any disk, Blu-Ray or DVD I get audio but no video that is until I select settings and then the video appears behind the settings screen as though the settings screen is transparent. I have reinstalled several times but still get the same result. Has anyone any ideas please?

That is very strange. Please report your OS and version and some other things about your system (video card, DirectX version etc.).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

System Details

Hi Signals

Sony Vaio VPCEC2SOE
      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz
      Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
      Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
      Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
      Gaming graphics 3579 MB Total available graphics memory
      Display adapter driver version 8.672.1.2000
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
      DirectX 10

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks, the devs are checking this. I have not seen other posts with this problem, it's unusual.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Subtitles

Some additional observations to my original post, I have still got the video problem, I have tried several reinstalls but no change apart from I have only just turned subtitles on and these do show so the video is playing. I still can't see the video unless I select settings. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by melrose View Post
            I have just installed Media Player and I am having a strange problem. When playing any disk, Blu-Ray or DVD I get audio but no video that is until I select settings and then the video appears behind the settings screen as though the settings screen is transparent. I have reinstalled several times but still get the same result. Has anyone any ideas please?
            I'm having the same problem too. I installed the latest version, played a mkv file and got audio, but no video.

Comment

Originally posted by Westmonk View Post
              I'm having the same problem too. I installed the latest version, played a mkv file and got audio, but no video.
              Please describe in detail the steps,thanks!

Comment

Just downloaded and purchased the latest version of DVDFab media player and I'm having exactly the same issue with a blank screen and audio only. As the other posters have indicated, when I select the settings function the video is in the background. However, the player will show the video on some wmv files and one avi file (note these are low bit rate files). The player will not play MP4 files or any bluray disk. This is quite frustrating especially since I just purchased the player. I have a Dell desktop with an i7 860 CPU and ATI HD5700 series card. Please help.

Comment

I should have been a little more diligent, I just did an update on my ATI card and all is well now, thanks for a great product and especialy the Blu-ray Copy application. Keep up the good work. A satisfied customer and user.

Comment

Thanks for the update. It is important to keep the video driver current.

Comment

Working...
                    X