Appcrash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you potti,
    for the effort, but I an using nVidia 306.97 graphics drivers.
    I'm not suggesting it it a problem with the Fab player, but something strange is going on here. I also downloaded it to one of my other machines and I get the identical problem.
    Both machines are new (less than 1 year) both have the best quality components and use SSDs fitted within the last 4 months. Both are also running all other programmes perfectly.
    Something I'm running in these machines must be causing the problem. If I find out what it is, I will post the reason here.

Thanks all for the time and trouble.

Comment

Woah, just a minute, I've in stalled this on a laptop and it works very well. I nearly bought it, but then I found out it's not a lifetime subscription. that makes it far too expensive, so it's not for me anyway, even if I could get it to work on my HTPC.
      Sorry guys, but I hate yearly subscriptions. If DVDFab ever changes it to an optional lifetime subscription at not a ridiculous price I will think again.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Comment

Remember that it begins at half what TMT5 costs and will NEVER have Cinavia, no limit of 5 region changes, etc. It's only $10 per year after that. I had to buy TMT5 twice to get updates that were necessary to keep playing the latest Blu-rays. Penny wise, pound foolish.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That's all well and good signals, It may be worth the money if I could install it on my HTPC. As the problem is my end (The laptop install proved that) and I cannot seem to find out what stops it working it's not a great deal of use to me.
          At £10 pounds a year it is cheaper than TMT5, but I have too many subscriptions as it is. We aren't made of money and all these extras add up every year. It's too much all together, I would still like to pay once up front and then I don't have to worry about paying yearly subs with my rapidly dwindling income.
          Not your fault I realise, but these days we all have to think of our future finances. I can afford it now, but I very much doubt that I will be able to next year. I'm not happy having to tell you all that.

Comment

I found this in DVDFab players documents library. This may be of help to DVDFab to see why it doesn't work on my machines, someone else may have the same problem.

23:43:30 T:6696 ERROR: special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, Line 0
            Failed to open file
            23:43:30 T:6696 ERROR: Unable to load special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml with default values
            23:43:41 T:7004 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect

Comment

Working...
            X