Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some BD menus don't launch and some don't work

Hi.

I have a very large collection of BD ISOs, so I can test this very extensively for you. Most of them can play without issue if I bypass the menu, but many of them need the menu to choose an episode or the theatrical version.

In many cases, the "loading" progress bar will simply fill and repeat, never actually starting the film - Star Trek: Into Darkness, Avatar. In other cases, the menu isn't usable: Hugo shows no cursor to select Play.

I have also seen many times where the screen is black, but the audio is playing. Is there anything I can do to help diagnose these issues?

xelfer

Were the ISOs made with DVDFab or some other product? If DVDFab, which copy mode (Clone, Fulll Disc etc.)?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have tried with ISOs made via AnyDVD and DVDFab. One thing that seems to make some difference in how far I can progress is whether Software Decoding or DXVA or CUDA is being used. I've got machines with nVidia ION2, ION3, and GeForce 7600GS. Latest drivers for all. The ION2 seems to be working the best of all.

For example, Software Decoding allows Hugo to play the menu - though you cannot select anything and the menu videos are playing at 5fps.

In CUDA, Star Trek: Into Darkness will freeze the image on a Paramount message about "The views expressed in this film's commentary..." but the audio moves on to the trailers and/or menu audio. The screen never refreshes.

In Software Decoding, Star Trek: Into Darkness works - though performance of playback is poor.

In DXVA, Star Trek: Into Darkness doesn't load at all - just has the progress bar filling and refilling forever.

Comment

I have Into Darkness and will try it when I can. There are some titles that cause menu problems for Player even from the original disc. The authoring issues that cause this are slowly being eliminated.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I wonder how. Do you guys buy/lend these BDs that are reported to find out what's causing it? Cause I've seen quite a few these days that don't work with 2.2.0.0, e.g. Fringe S1 won't even show a menu.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
          MultiShrink
          : DVD Shrink batch processing
          Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

They buy them.

Comment

I am glad I haven't made the investment yet... I decided to give Media Player a try to replace AnyDVD on my new media computer. The Bluray I'm trying doesn't load in Menu mode. In Simple mode, it loads the movie, but I don't get any sound.

The movie I am trying is the 2009 version of "The Pink Panther."

I hope that when I go into the trial mode of DVDFab 9, I won't encounter any issues. I have been using that for DVDs for the past couple of years.

Comment

Correction... It's not AnyDVD I'm trying to replace... It is PowerDVD. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  They buy them.
                  Thats a lot of BDs to buy. Latest problematic ones: Man of Steel starts with English instead of German menu. The Heat locks up after the 20th Century Fox logo.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
                  MultiShrink
                  : DVD Shrink batch processing
                  Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

I can only play one Blur ray disc on version 2.2.0.0 Windows I've bought today.
                    I have tried the Bourne ultimatum, A Christmas carol, (Jim Cary) I robot iso Startrek XI iso and a couple of other popular blu rays None of them actually reach the main movie, they stick on the information displays between the trailers and the film. Some wont even load. (Actual discs) The only blu ray I can play is Rick Wakeman's 6 wives live BD. DVDs seem to work OK.

I've re installed the player and it's no better.I've turned off the disc scan in Bit defender, no different. I'm not so fussed about playing iso files it's the Blu ray discs I want to play.
                    Any ideas what is going on here.

Thanks.

Comment

voxsmart:

.....Bitdefender Internet Security...

for some reason it interferes with fabcore.exe so that it keeps increasing in memory usage untill it caps at a certain level and then stalls....no need to uninstall Bitdefender though..... just go into settings/Exclusions/Excluded Processes and add dvdfab.exe and fabcore.exe....

Comment

glenns, thanks for the tip, but I've allowed every thing to do with dvdfab in the exclusion list, but fabcore.exe does not exist in the (x86) programme files dropdown menu and I cant find it in Windows search programmes and files.
                        Any more ideas.

Comment

I don't see Fabcore.exe in my Norton 360 program so maybe that file is no longer part of the newer Fab versions.Doing this was the solution in the past and it worked for bit defender.Their is a fabupdate file so recheck for everything Fab just to be sure.

You could take bit defender off your computer and see if it works without it just turn on Windows Defender so you will have some security when you take off bit defender then get the updates for it.

Comment

glenns, Bit defender removed, no effect. It still doesn't work.
                            What's weird about this, a few months ago I tried the player with the trial and it worked perfectly, but because I couldn't have a lifetime subscription at the time I decided I didn't want another subscription programme, so I didn't have it.
                            This Halloween offer of a lifetime licence at a discount swung it for me.
                            I have a vague feeling it may have been player 1 I tried, but can't be sure.

All that's changed since then is a larger capacity SSD boot drive, everything else is the same. So, I'm at a complete loss why this player doesn't work.

I appreciate your help glenns, especially no one else seems to be trying to help me and others in this thread. I guess I will just have to wait and hope that someone sorts this out, or I have wasted my money yet again.

Comment

Log Files

Originally posted by voxsmart View Post
                              glenns, Bit defender removed, no effect. It still doesn't work.
                              What's weird about this, a few months ago I tried the player with the trial and it worked perfectly... All that's changed since then is a larger capacity SSD boot drive, everything else is the same. So, I'm at a complete loss why this player doesn't work.
                              You can email your log files to the developers. They may have additional ideas on what is causing this to occur. There are other threads that detail out what to send, and where. I don't remember them off the top of my head.

I have found that almost all problems end up in one of three buckets:
                              1. Program doesn't play it yet/the feature doesn't exist or doesn't work quite right (if this is the case, the problem is usually widespread)
                              2. A setting needs to be changed (especially with sound issues)
                              3. Windows is doing something to block the player (usually a driver issue)

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X