wont play my dvds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    Please let us know how that works out. It is flawless on Win7(64) for me.
    Hi

I regret I first returned with feedback now , but my computer broke , so I do not own more a windows machine.

Now I have only my Mac back , and I have now changed my Windows license to a Mac license.

The mystery is that the error is exactly the same on OSX !

This time I tried with schindlers list on DVD and will not open !

I experience that is now the fault on both Windows and Mac , and with different DVDs.

I am confused and understands nothing .

Could it have something to do with a lock of my country, a kind of IP blocking ? (I suppose to decrypt codes available online ? )

Comment

I still can't duplicate this problem (on Windows). No IPs are blocked by Fab at least, and should not be necessary for DVDs in any case, especially ones that have already been decrypted. Try briefly turning off whatever PC security software you have running to see if it behaves any differently. Under Settings->Video, turn off all hardware acceleration.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Well it's not Windows 10, I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on a clean SSD, updated it fully and installed the player first and it won't play DVDs either. The mystery continues.
        I installed Windows 10 Pro a few days ago (clean install not a upgrade from 7) and I'm having the same problem with dvd playback from disc (original and copied) and from folder. The program plays files fine, also I'm using the free promotional giveaway key to register so all functions should be good to go...weird

Comment

Did the same thing to me. And on an install of W7 Prox64 on a clean SSD. The puzzle is it works a treat on the same computer on the original install of W7 different drive?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think I ever tested on W7 before I jumped head first into w10.
            Also when I install DvdFab and/or their media player I get a BSOD with the error video_tdr_failure (happens near the end of the install for both). I know it's related to an NVidia driver and both programs must finish installing correctly because they work but they're the only ones that cause it and only during the install process, never while running.
            I'm running the same hardware with w10 that w7 was on and same NVidea driver and never the 1st hiccup or conflict with DvdFab/media player.

Comment

Well this will make cheese more binding! I took a clean 2TB mechanical drive and installed Windows 7 Pro from the DVD, updates, and no dice, would not play a DVD or folder. I zeroed the drive and installed W7 Pro from the recovery disc that came with the system and viola! Plays DVD and folders. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, the free over the top method, and it plays DVDs and HDD folders now. All things equal except the Windows install I think I'm pretty safe in saying the issue lies with Windows somewhere.

Albert Einstein

Comment

same problem as 90312

I also lost my hard drive and had to reinstall windows 10. It loads, will play blue ray, will load regular dvd, I can see them in the list, but the player will not play them, just goes to open files.

I had it installed on windows 10 before and it was fine. I deleted windows 10 and did a clean reinstall, did not have the same luck as 90312, it still will not work.

The fire wall is windows defender. Turned it off - no diif. I am adding the log file.

Any help???
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rmalchar; 03-22-2016, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I've found if you are installing the free upgrade to Windows 10 and install it clean, that is do not save any files from the previous windows version Media Player will not play DVDs. Don't know why but I have verified this behavior.
                  Last edited by 90312; 03-22-2016, 07:27 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

same problem as 90312

Based on your response, I would have to go back and upgrade to windows 8, and install and license all of the software, and then install windows 10 as an upgrade to existing software and not as a clean install.

I am trying hard not to do this, because it is so time consuming. I would also think that DVDFAB would like to resolve this problem as soon as they can.

Comment

Suit yourself pal but that's what I had to do twice to make it play DVDs. Maybe the developers can tell us what file is missing?

Albert Einstein

Comment

went ahead and reinstalled windows 8, downloaded all dvdfab apps including media player. All apps worked fine on windows 8. Upgraded to windows 10, keeping the apps. All works well at this time.

Still think it is in DVDFab's interest to fix the problem

Comment

Glad that worked for you and you're going again.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X