DTs X defaults to DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTs X defaults to DTS

From the movie American Made that has DTS X Audio it defaults down to standard DTS, though on my system it should default down to DTS-HD MA audio.
    Also on start up of the disc it goes into previews and in the previews get no audio at all

Thanks for the feedback, we will try to duplicate the problem. In the meantime, please check your audio settings here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 PLAYER5AUDIO_2.png Views:	1 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	346835

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have a DTS-X capable receiver, and DTX-X defaults down to regular DTS for me as well. The box for TrueHD/DTS-HD capable receiver is checked. I was hoping to get actual DTS-X passed thru, or at least DTS-HD

Thanks.

Comment

As a follow-up, I was using TV mode, and DTS-X would not work. I switched to PC mode, and audio worked as expected. I switched back to TV mode, and same issue. Back to PC mode, and audio came back. I confirmed in both modes the Audio settings were identical. Seems to be a PC mode bug.

Comment

Hello,

@dgray
          @The Toerag

Under Settings>Audio, please change the output device to WASAPI to try again.

Regards,
          mona

Comment

Mona,

Output is set to WASAPI. I still can only get it to function correctly in PC mode.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dgray View Post
              Mona,

Output is set to WASAPI. I still can only get it to function correctly in PC mode.

Thanks!
              Hello,

Please post DVDFab Player 5 log file. Please check default location in my sig.

Regards,
              mona

Comment

Mona,

Thanks!
                We have run several tests on our side, we got no problem on PC/TV mode. Please try to adjust the audio settings to see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Consistently dropping to DTS/Dolby Digital from Atmos/DTS:X in TV mode - no problem in PC mode. Log from PC mode where it does work attached. player.log
                  Attached Files

Comment

Consistently dropping to DTS/Dolby Digital from Atmos/DTS:X in TV mode - no problem in PC mode. Log from PC mode where it does work attached. player.log
                    Just a thought:

Which Player 5 edition are you using? Free, Standard, or Ultra?

If you are using Free edition or Standard edition of Player 5, the audio playback only supports up to 5.1 Channel. Click image for larger version  Name:	audio playback support.png Views:	1 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	347673

Regards,
                    mona

Comment

Hi Mona,

I am happy to report that upon upgrading to 5.0.0.4, TV mode audio works with DTS:X and Atmos. I have been using Ultra the entire time.

Comment

Hi Mona,

I am happy to report that upon upgrading to 5.0.0.4, TV mode audio works with DTS:X and Atmos. I have been using Ultra the entire time.
                        Thank you for your update, we are glad it works for you.

Regards,
                        mona

Comment

I am using Ultra, but I see its now fixed in 5.0.0.4 from response from dgray

Comment

Working...
                          X