Will not pass thru HDR, player software only does HDR->SDR conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not pass thru HDR, player software only does HDR->SDR conversion

I just moved from DVDFab Media Player 3 to Player 5.0.0.2. In version 3, my TV would display "HDR On" when playing UHD discs. In Player 5, the television does not indicate HDR is on, and while the movie is playing if I right click and choose information, the information bar at the top says 3840x2160, HDR->SDR, so it looks like the player is converting the HDR instead of passing the HDR metadata through.

In settings, my choices for HDR are Auto, SDR, and off. I chose Auto.

Thanks in advance for help,

-DG
    Last edited by dgray; 12-31-2017, 08:45 PM.

As an update, when I click Analyze Hardware, HDR comes back as "NO". As I mentioned HDR worked under Media Player 3, and my display is definitely HDR capable. Not sure why it is not being detected.

If logs or other files will help with troubleshooting, please let me know what to post and/or send to support.

Thanks,

-DG

Comment

We will be back to work tomorrow, and will check this issue ASAP.

Happy New Year!
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by dgray View Post
        As an update, when I click Analyze Hardware, HDR comes back as "NO". As I mentioned HDR worked under Media Player 3, and my display is definitely HDR capable. Not sure why it is not being detected.

If logs or other files will help with troubleshooting, please let me know what to post and/or send to support.

Thanks,

-DG
        Please take a screenshot of the analyze result window and send it here.

Also, please post the log files which can be found under Documents. Please see my sig for default location.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Below is the requested screenshot of the analyze result window. The requested log file is also attached.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	460
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	347010

Comment

Originally posted by dgray
            Not sure why the log file did not seem to stick to my last post. Here it is again.

[ATTACH]n347043[/ATTACH]
            Thank you for the info. We are checking this problem. Please kindly wait.

Regards,
            mona

Comment

As an update, in 5.0.0.4 (Ultra) Analyze Hardware now shows Nvidia instead of No for HDR.

However HDR->SDR is still being performed by the player software (HDR is set to Auto). The native HDR metadata is NOT being passed to the TV. DVD Fab Media Player version 3 was outputting HDR metadata with my same set-up, and the TV's internal HDR on would display when playing UHD content in Player 3. Not sure why this is not working in Player 5.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

dgray,
                the log was attached to your first post, I have deleted the second copy you posted. Instructions for supplying logs are linked in my sig, below.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'am having the same problem (but with intel grapics), and a another user posted in my thread recently also stated that it worked i version 5.0,0.1.
                  Hopefully they will figure this out soon.

Comment

same problem. HDR works for player 3 but not 5. this is a huge issue for me.

Comment

Hello All,

A new version of DVDFab Player5 will be released soon, please kindly wait and have a try. Thank you.

The new version will fix the problem that HDR doesn't work on Windows 10 system (v1607~ v1703)

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

Great job with 5.0.0.5! HDR is now working again

Comment

still not working appropriately. It only works if you turn the HDR on in window 10 display setting, which makes the window 10 itself looks very awful. In contrast, the DvdFab 3 will automatically switch to HDR if content is detected and switch back to normal desktop display once you stop the player. not sure why DVDfab 5 not able to do that.

Comment

still not working

Comment

Originally posted by jh87 View Post
                              still not working appropriately. It only works if you turn the HDR on in window 10 display setting, which makes the window 10 itself looks very awful. In contrast, the DvdFab 3 will automatically switch to HDR if content is detected and switch back to normal desktop display once you stop the player. not sure why DVDfab 5 not able to do that.
                              What is your monitor?
                              Did you select auto HDR in Player 5 settings window?
                              Please use the Analyze Hardware feature in Player 5 Settings window and post the result here.
                              Also, please send us the log file, instruction for where to find Player 5 log file is in my sig. Please kindly check.

Regards,
                              Mona

Comment

Working...
                              X