Possible issue when pausing movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible issue when pausing movie

I don't know if this is a problem with Fab Player or if it is just my PC. I've noticed an issue with v5.0.0.4 that I didn't notice in the previous releases of v5. When I pause a move and the resume playing it, the movie doesn't seem to be playing at normal speed. It seems like it is in slow motion. So far the only way that I have discovered to get back to normal speed playback is to stop the movie and start over and then jump forward to the correct chapter.

I can't reproduce this. What are you playing? I tried a folder, iso and an MP4.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne69 View Post
      I don't know if this is a problem with Fab Player or if it is just my PC. I've noticed an issue with v5.0.0.4 that I didn't notice in the previous releases of v5. When I pause a move and the resume playing it, the movie doesn't seem to be playing at normal speed. It seems like it is in slow motion. So far the only way that I have discovered to get back to normal speed playback is to stop the movie and start over and then jump forward to the correct chapter.
      Which play mode did you use? TV, PC?
      Where are the movies saved? Nas, local hard drive?
      Also, like 90312 asked, what are you playing? Folder, ISO, video files like mp4, mkv? Or it is a movie disc?
      What is the receiver and how do you connect it to PC? Via optical or HDMI?

Please post the log file of DVDFab Player 5 as well.

Regards,
      mona

Comment

I plav mounted iso files which were temporarily on a usb flash drive (This drive is where I almost always play my iso backups the first time).
        I run Fab Player in PC Mode.
        The PC is connected to my TV through a Onkyo Receiver with a HDMI Cable.
        I will post the log file when I get a chance.

Comment

You do not need to mount the ISO files to play them with DVDFab Media Player. Try unmounting all and use file open to play them.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            You do not need to mount the ISO files to play them with DVDFab Media Player. Try unmounting all and use file open to play them.
            I know that I don't need to mount the iso, but that is way that I have always done it. Besides, mounting the iso in explorer and playing the "dvd" in fab is easier than searching for the file in fab.

Comment

Suit yourself, but It introduces another layer where errors can occur. If it worked before, it should work now. If not, they will fix it if you supply the information that Mona requested.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is the log file you requested (I think)

player.log

Comment

@SweetOne69

Did you enable Passthrough in Player5 settings? Did it make a difference when enable or disable?

What is the model of your Onkyo Receiver?

When playing the iso files, did you write files between this usb flash drive and other hard drives?

What about other iso files that saved on local hard drive, same playback issue? Please save one iso file to local hard drive to have a try.

Regards,
                  mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                    @SweetOne69

Did you enable Passthrough in Player5 settings? Did it make a difference when enable or disable?

What is the model of your Onkyo Receiver?

When playing the iso files, did you write files between this usb flash drive and other hard drives?

What about other iso files that saved on local hard drive, same playback issue? Please save one iso file to local hard drive to have a try.

Regards,
                    mona
                    Mona,

The model of my Receiver is TX-NR656

I don't know about the Passthrough settings, I'll have to check when I get home.

When I am playing iso files, I am usually doing nothing else.

I'll try it with a iso saved to my local hard drive when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne69 View Post

I don't know about the Passthrough settings, I'll have to check when I get home.
                      You can find the Passthrough option in Settings>Audio. See image attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	passthrough.png
Views:	133
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	347864

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

It looks like disabling the Audio Passthrough fixes the pause problem for me.

Comment

Thank you for the update.

Please kindly check the audio type of the playback source, is it AC3 DTS TureHD DTSHD or DTS-X ATOMS? Does your receiver support to decode this type of audio?

Regards,
                          mona

Comment

Working...
                          X