DVDFab Player 5.0.0.6 - No Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Player 5.0.0.6 - No Sound

After updating to current version I have no audio on playback of files. I'm able to play same files on DVDFab Media Player 3 which is still on my PC. Any ideas on how to correct as I tried everything available in app to correct w/o success.

Did the previous v5.0.0.5 work correctly for you?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by fvigo1128 View Post
      After updating to current version I have no audio on playback of files. I'm able to play same files on DVDFab Media Player 3 which is still on my PC. Any ideas on how to correct as I tried everything available in app to correct w/o success.
      Hello,

How do you connect your PC to the receiver? Via HDMI? Also, what is brand and model of the receiver?

Please take a screenshot of the audio settings window of Player 5, and send it to us.

We need the log file of Player 5 as well, please check my sig for the default path.

Regards,
      mona

Comment

The Fab Media Player has to be the default media player to get sound.
        Last edited by Chameleon; 02-06-2018, 06:57 PM.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          The Fab Media Player has to be the default media player to get sound.
          Hello Chameleon,

Do you mean that with same movie source, same Player 5 settings and on the same PC, as long as you set DVDFab Media Player as the default player for playback, you will get sound?

Regards,
          mona

Comment

Problem solved, I have reverted to older version 5003.Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hello Chameleon,

Do you mean that with same movie source, same Player 5 settings and on the same PC, as long as you set DVDFab Media Player as the default player for playback, you will get sound?

Regards,
              mona
              Yes
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Yes
                Hello Chameleon,

Thank you for your reply. I do not reproduce this problem. It gets sound no matter Player 5 is the default player or not on my PC.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Originally posted by BLOODYPEST View Post
                  Problem solved, I have reverted to older version 5003.Thanks for your help
                  Hello BLOODYPEST,

Please take screenshot and show us the audio settings of Player V5003 and the one from V5006 and post the two screenshots here, thank you.

Also, what are you playing? Please post the Player 5 log file.

Regards,
                  mona

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Did the previous v5.0.0.5 work correctly for you?
                    No the previous version didn't have any sound. Currently using version 5.0.0.8. I also have the older version DVDFab Media Player 3.2.0.1 which still works.

UPDATE - Removed Cyberlink PowerDVD since I was no longer using, restarted and decided to compare audio settings on 3.2.0.1 against 5.0.0.8 and that's when I saw the differences. Once the settings were changed to matched it started working.
                    Last edited by fvigo1128; 04-01-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X