Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive requirement for reading UHD disc with media player

Hi everyone,

I've read several topics regarding this subject (this one and that one for instance), but I'm still confused about one issue:

Do I need a "UHD-friendly" drive for simply watching UHD movie discs with DVDFab media player, or is such a drive required only for copying/ripping?

From what I understand, the answer at the moment is "yes", but I couldn't find a clear confirmation.

Originally posted by Wachouff View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've read several topics regarding this subject (this one and that one for instance), but I'm still confused about one issue:

Do I need a "UHD-friendly" drive for simply watching UHD movie discs with DVDFab media player, or is such a drive required only for copying/ripping?

From what I understand, the answer at the moment is "yes", but I couldn't find a clear confirmation.
    see the requirements here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.htm?trackID=headmenu

Comment

See this thread here in the forum for updated information on suitable drives: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...080#post353080

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Actually, I had already read these posts, and ordered both a LG BH16NS55 and an Asus BW16D1HT (which according to this forum is a clone of the LG)
        on Amazon warehouse deal, but without much faith regarding firmware versions. At least I'll be able to send them back after trying them out, as they're warehouse deals and have already been opened. I'm also aware that some people have successfully downgraded their firmware, though the process is complex.

I haven't been clear about the actual question : I just wanted confirmation that DVD Fab player (not the DVD Fab main program) can't use an official UHD drive, like the Pioneer BDR211UBK, at the moment.

I'm actually 99% certain of the answer, but couldn't find a definitive confirmation. All the threads on this forum regarding this issue talk about copying or ripping Blu-rays, not merely watching them.

Comment

Working...
        X