Command Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Line

Is there any documentation on command line arguments /? or /help yielded nothing, I'm building a front end for the player for my own personal use and was curious if there was any docs..

Thanks

DVDFab Player 5 Command Line

Parameter:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" Source

e.g.

Video File:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" C:\Users\shuangyong.wang\Documents\DVDFab11\Temp\I MG_5272.MOV

ISO:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" E:\Movie\Beauty.and.the.Beast.2017.iso

DVD/Blu-ray/UHD Folder Source:

"DVDFab Player 5.exe" E:\Movie\Ghostbusters(2016)

Disc:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" G:

Parameter:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" Source close
    - DVDFab Player 5 will be closed when finished the playing back.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab9_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab9\Log
    For DVDFab10_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab10/Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Perfect, thanks I will go test tonight after work!

Raethien

Comment

Some of my users requested that I add DVDFab Player integration to my program, Chameleon MediaCenter. Luckily, I was able to figure out the command line examples above through experimentation (they seem very similar to MPC). I also figured out the option /fullscreen, to force the DVDFab Player into fullscreen mode. I've been using slashes with my command options, like /close and /fullscreen, though perhaps I don't need to based upon your examples above.

What I have not figured out how to do is to start a DVD at a specific Title or Chapter #. Users can have Chameleon MediaCenter start playing a TV Series DVD at a particular episode, and to do this the player needs to start playback at either a Title # or a Chapter # (usually Title #, but I have seen Chapter # on some discs).

With MPC, you can pass option /dvdpos 7#1, which will start playback at Title 7 Chapter 1. This command isn't working on DVDFab Player.

If Title/Chapter playback is possible, can you share the command for this?

Thanks,
        Paul

Comment

If you wish to get answers to these questions, send a PM to Wilson.Wang, the DVDFab Product Manager. There is no such command line summary available publicly that I am aware of.

I note on your website that the description of DVDFab Media Player does not mention that (unlike PowerDVD) it is immune to the Cinavia audio watermark found on many discs. It also does not require the disc images be mounted in a virtual drive for playback. The website also does not mention the (free) DVDFab Virtual Drive, which some prefer over the one offered by Clone BD.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Originally posted by Pauven View Post
            Some of my users requested that I add DVDFab Player integration to my program, Chameleon MediaCenter. Luckily, I was able to figure out the command line examples above through experimentation (they seem very similar to MPC). I also figured out the option /fullscreen, to force the DVDFab Player into fullscreen mode. I've been using slashes with my command options, like /close and /fullscreen, though perhaps I don't need to based upon your examples above.

What I have not figured out how to do is to start a DVD at a specific Title or Chapter #. Users can have Chameleon MediaCenter start playing a TV Series DVD at a particular episode, and to do this the player needs to start playback at either a Title # or a Chapter # (usually Title #, but I have seen Chapter # on some discs).

With MPC, you can pass option /dvdpos 7#1, which will start playback at Title 7 Chapter 1. This command isn't working on DVDFab Player.

If Title/Chapter playback is possible, can you share the command for this?

Thanks,
            Paul
            try this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/introduction/Command-Line

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I note on your website that the description of DVDFab Media Player does not mention that (unlike PowerDVD) it is immune to the Cinavia audio watermark found on many discs. It also does not require the disc images be mounted in a virtual drive for playback. The website also does not mention the (free) DVDFab Virtual Drive, which some prefer over the one offered by Clone BD.
              To be honest, I am completely new to the world of DVDFab Player. I didn't even know it existed a couple months ago (sorry, but true). Thanks for those tips, and I'll look to incorporate more of the DVDFab functionality into the Chameleon MediaCenter task handling. I recently added the option to allow PowerDVD mount ISO's (which is not great in my opinion, but a user wanted it), so I'm excited to see how this will work with DVDFab Player. I was also already planning to add support for DVD Fab Virtual Drive, which I recently discovered while researching DVD Fab Player. The DVDFab products seem great, and I'm excited to add integration with them.

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Very helpful and exactly what I needed, thank you!

Paul

Comment

FYI: The link that october262 provided is for DVDFab, not Fab Player. Contact Wilson, if it exists he is the one that could provide it.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Working...
                X