Command Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command Line

Is there any documentation on command line arguments /? or /help yielded nothing, I'm building a front end for the player for my own personal use and was curious if there was any docs..

Thanks

DVDFab Player 5 Command Line

Parameter:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" Source

e.g.

Video File:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" C:\Users\shuangyong.wang\Documents\DVDFab11\Temp\I MG_5272.MOV

ISO:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" E:\Movie\Beauty.and.the.Beast.2017.iso

DVD/Blu-ray/UHD Folder Source:

"DVDFab Player 5.exe" E:\Movie\Ghostbusters(2016)

Disc:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" G:

Parameter:
    "DVDFab Player 5.exe" Source close
    - DVDFab Player 5 will be closed when finished the playing back.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Perfect, thanks I will go test tonight after work!

Raethien

Comment

Some of my users requested that I add DVDFab Player integration to my program, Chameleon MediaCenter. Luckily, I was able to figure out the command line examples above through experimentation (they seem very similar to MPC). I also figured out the option /fullscreen, to force the DVDFab Player into fullscreen mode. I've been using slashes with my command options, like /close and /fullscreen, though perhaps I don't need to based upon your examples above.

What I have not figured out how to do is to start a DVD at a specific Title or Chapter #. Users can have Chameleon MediaCenter start playing a TV Series DVD at a particular episode, and to do this the player needs to start playback at either a Title # or a Chapter # (usually Title #, but I have seen Chapter # on some discs).

With MPC, you can pass option /dvdpos 7#1, which will start playback at Title 7 Chapter 1. This command isn't working on DVDFab Player.

If Title/Chapter playback is possible, can you share the command for this?

Thanks,
        Paul

Comment

If you wish to get answers to these questions, send a PM to Wilson.Wang, the DVDFab Product Manager. There is no such command line summary available publicly that I am aware of.

I note on your website that the description of DVDFab Media Player does not mention that (unlike PowerDVD) it is immune to the Cinavia audio watermark found on many discs. It also does not require the disc images be mounted in a virtual drive for playback. The website also does not mention the (free) DVDFab Virtual Drive, which some prefer over the one offered by Clone BD.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pauven View Post
            Some of my users requested that I add DVDFab Player integration to my program, Chameleon MediaCenter. Luckily, I was able to figure out the command line examples above through experimentation (they seem very similar to MPC). I also figured out the option /fullscreen, to force the DVDFab Player into fullscreen mode. I've been using slashes with my command options, like /close and /fullscreen, though perhaps I don't need to based upon your examples above.

What I have not figured out how to do is to start a DVD at a specific Title or Chapter #. Users can have Chameleon MediaCenter start playing a TV Series DVD at a particular episode, and to do this the player needs to start playback at either a Title # or a Chapter # (usually Title #, but I have seen Chapter # on some discs).

With MPC, you can pass option /dvdpos 7#1, which will start playback at Title 7 Chapter 1. This command isn't working on DVDFab Player.

If Title/Chapter playback is possible, can you share the command for this?

Thanks,
            Paul
            try this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/introduction/Command-Line

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I note on your website that the description of DVDFab Media Player does not mention that (unlike PowerDVD) it is immune to the Cinavia audio watermark found on many discs. It also does not require the disc images be mounted in a virtual drive for playback. The website also does not mention the (free) DVDFab Virtual Drive, which some prefer over the one offered by Clone BD.
              To be honest, I am completely new to the world of DVDFab Player. I didn't even know it existed a couple months ago (sorry, but true). Thanks for those tips, and I'll look to incorporate more of the DVDFab functionality into the Chameleon MediaCenter task handling. I recently added the option to allow PowerDVD mount ISO's (which is not great in my opinion, but a user wanted it), so I'm excited to see how this will work with DVDFab Player. I was also already planning to add support for DVD Fab Virtual Drive, which I recently discovered while researching DVD Fab Player. The DVDFab products seem great, and I'm excited to add integration with them.

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Very helpful and exactly what I needed, thank you!

Paul

Comment

FYI: The link that october262 provided is for DVDFab, not Fab Player. Contact Wilson, if it exists he is the one that could provide it.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  FYI: The link that october262 provided is for DVDFab, not Fab Player. Contact Wilson, if it exists he is the one that could provide it.
                  Thanks, I came to the same conclusion. I gave it a try anyway, as I was hopeful the /TITLE parameter would work for Player, but it didn't.

I sent a message to Wilson (looked more like a chat window, hopefully I did that correctly). Waiting on a response.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauven View Post

Thanks, I came to the same conclusion. I gave it a try anyway, as I was hopeful the /TITLE parameter would work for Player, but it didn't.

I sent a message to Wilson (looked more like a chat window, hopefully I did that correctly). Waiting on a response.
                    Hi,

DVDFab Player 5 does not support the /title parameter yet, I will ask the dev to check it later.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

DVDFab Player 5 does not support the /title parameter yet, I will ask the dev to check it later.

Thanks!

Wilson
                      Thanks for the confirmation Wilson. This would be a great addition to DVDFab Player, as playing directly playing DVD Episodes is very popular with my users.

Thanks,
                      Paul

Comment

Now that DVDFab Player 6 has been released (my users are already upgrading!) has the /title parameter been added?

Additionally, several DVD's use Title+Chapter to indicate the start of an episode, so ultimately we need /title and /chapter, but /title would be a huge first step.

Thanks,
                        Paul

Comment

Years ago I posted here (above) regarding command line options for Player. I develop a My Movies front-end called CMC that lets users browse their movie collection, and then initiate playback with the player of their choice. CMC uses the command line to call the chosen player and pass the file for playback, which could be an ISO, DVD folder, or converted media.

Back then, I had discovered that I could pass the /fullscreen and /close parameters on the command line to DVDFab's Player, and this worked fine in v5 and v6. I was also wanting even more command line options, like Title and Chapter # for initiating playback. All of that I explained above.

My users have begun reaching out to me to let me know that ISO playback is now failing when CMC calls the new PlayerFab v7. I did some testing, and determined that v7 playback fails if I pass those /fullscreen /close command line options.

I've tried different variations of command line options with v7.0.4.0, and nothing works. The only way for me to get playback to start is to only pass the ISO filename. And the desired behaviors of enlarging PlayerFab to fullscreen and closing automatically when playback finishes no longer works.

In addition to complaining about the broken playback, my users have also complained about how difficult it is to use PlayerFab as their front end, manually browsing files for playback. These users are already looking for alternative players to replace PlayerFab, even though PlayerFab has long been their player of choice.

I'm very disappointed that command line support appears to have been deprecated. Are there new command line options? If not, is there any way to add these capabilities back in?

Thanks! -Paul​

Comment

I am one of those users who Uses CMC, it is a great front end to mymovies database but player fab is totally unstable if using it with a VCD CMC mounts the disc launches playerfab and then things go south. you may get a black screen or you may get the FBI warning screen or may be the studio screen and then it hangs you have to end task and start again. I have noticed that if you use the explorer file system in player fab it is much more stable but, if I disable mounting disc in CMC nothing works, no play back what so ever. So can you give Pauven the info he needs to make this work again

Comment

Working...
                            X