Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will DVDFab media player ever work with Dolby Atmos for Headphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will DVDFab media player ever work with Dolby Atmos for Headphone?

Basically, Dolby Atmos for Headphone (DAfH) is a software that allows users to experience Dolby Atmos through any set of headphones. However, I asked the Microsoft lead audio engineer (check the screenshot below) and he says the media player itself must support the decoder for DAfH to work properly. Could the DVDFab team work on this support? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lc7ovhndbig21.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	376643

Originally posted by vmd12 View Post
    Basically, Dolby Atmos for Headphone (DAfH) is a software that allows users to experience Dolby Atmos through any set of headphones. However, I asked the Microsoft lead audio engineer (check the screenshot below) and he says the media player itself must support the decoder for DAfH to work properly. Could the DVDFab team work on this support? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lc7ovhndbig21.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	376643
    Hi, please go to DVDFab Player 6 > Settings > audio, set "Output device" as "Speakers" and set "Speaker" as 5.1 or 7.1. So it will show "Dolby atmos for headphone is in use". See attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post

Hi, please go to DVDFab Player 6 > Settings > audio, set "Output device" as "Speakers" and set "Speaker" as 5.1 or 7.1. So it will show "Dolby atmos for headphone is in use". See attached.
      "Dolby Atmos for headphone is in use" doesn't mean it is outputting true atmos data though. It just means dolby atmos for headphone is upmixing some signal (in this case, upmixing 7.1 from dvdfab but ignoring dolby atmos/height data). I have done some testing with a test tone file and the height channel is missing,with dvdfab. The Movies and TV app is the only media player that can decode dolby atmos/height channel but unfortunately it can only decode DD+ based dolby atmos but not TrueHD based dolby atmos (which all uhd films use)

This is the test tone video I use: https://download.dolby.com/us/en/tes...ones_9_1_6.mp4. .Pay attention to the height channel and compare the result between dvdfab and Movies and TV app.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post

I made a comparison video. Please check it down below. The left height channel is playing.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the info, we will check it first.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for the info, we will check it first.

Wilson
            Happy New Year! Any update?

Comment

The staff has been away from the office for a few days but will return shortly, sorry for the delay.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                The staff has been away from the office for a few days but will return shortly, sorry for the delay.
                Not to rush but just curious if you have looked at this issue by now?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the info, we will check again!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                    Hi,

Thanks for the info, we will check again!

Wilson
                    Still no update?

Comment

I’ve never heard from you guys again regarding this subject. Are you just ignoring this?

Comment

Originally posted by vmd12 View Post
                        I’ve never heard from you guys again regarding this subject. Are you just ignoring this?
                        Yeah mate, it's clear it's just not a priority for them. I too would love better sound but it looks like it's not going to happen. I'm sure you know, DVDfab is Chinese, in Chinese/East Asian culture you never really say things like a direct "no", but you say "we'll look into it", but the meaning of that is that they won't do it most likely.

Comment

bringing back this topic after a year

Comment

Originally posted by 0tr View Post

Yeah mate, it's clear it's just not a priority for them. I too would love better sound but it looks like it's not going to happen. I'm sure you know, DVDfab is Chinese, in Chinese/East Asian culture you never really say things like a direct "no", but you say "we'll look into it", but the meaning of that is that they won't do it most likely.
                            And you know so many Chinese people that you have come to this decision? What you are saying is Chinese people won't give you a straight answer. Well you are wrong. This software is a work of art, it takes many people many hours of developing software to give you what you have. You must like it or you would not have bought it. The size of the Fab programs has grown and so has the number of developers If it's possible to do what you ask, they will do it when they are ready, and when it's done correctly. Be patient, yes over a year patient. Some things are just not a priority as others.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                            X