X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Staff About Passkey 9 Free Upgrade

To those who may be concerned,

The original plan for the new features added in the Passkey 9 was intended for a brand new product, in which case, both paid customers and non-paid users will have to buy if they are interested. The reason for this is simply due to the fact that those new features cost us huge R&D effort, plenty of time, considerable amount of investment on buying new corporation level servers and the enhanced security measures to keep the data on those servers absolutely safe from any potential harm. But on the second thought, we decided to pack those new features into the Passkey 9, so as to honor the existing customers, especially those lifetime license owners, and to keep their budgets down, at the cost of our minimized marginal profit.

However, to those lifetime license owners whose licenses were sent as free gifts or obtained during our previous giveaway campaigns, we can no longer offer free upgrade because we’ve handed out a huge number of free licenses in the past few years, millions of perhaps, which equals almost a third of our paid users. That’s why we finally decided to offer 30% deep discount to this proportion of our lifetime users, which has already left us at no profit at all.

So, we sincerely hope you can understand our situation, and we still hope to offer top-level products and better service to all our customers in the years to come.

From DVDFab Team
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-04-2019, 04:37 AM.

understandable - your generosity through the giveaway was an excellent offer but you do need to make money.

Comment

Agreed, very understandable
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Hi.
        Glad you decided to give licenses to paying users.
        Problems i have with the way you did this:
        In changelog no mentioning of this.
        People update passkey finds problems spend time,asks in forums,get the answer to contact support,send mails to support.
        Later an news-email about the new version,where its explained giveaways wont work anymore in the new version.
        Would be really nice to know these changes BEFORE you made this version avaible for download.
        Regards Hasse

Comment

Originally posted by hasse View Post
          Hi.
          Glad you decided to give licenses to paying users.
          Problems i have with the way you did this:
          In changelog no mentioning of this.
          People update passkey finds problems spend time,asks in forums,get the answer to contact support,send mails to support.
          Later an news-email about the new version,where its explained giveaways wont work anymore in the new version.
          Would be really nice to know these changes BEFORE you made this version avaible for download.
          Regards Hasse
          Thanks for your understanding, hasse, actually we sent out the newsletter to all our customers, paid and non-paid, at the same time when Passkey 9 is made available online. However, due to the huge number of recipients, when the newsletter actually reaches you, it might be several hours later.

Comment

We find not good

4KTV:LG OLED55E6D, 4KBlurayPlayer:LG UBK90,Receiver:ONKYO TX-NR676E,ExterneFP: Seagate Expansion 2TB,Gamer PC mit:Nvidia inno3D-GTX 1060 X3,Prozessor:i7-4770, Arbeitsspeicher:Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB,Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB,Brenner:LG BH16NS55,Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

Passkey never expire

Yes, I downloaded the passkey 9 version, thinking this was an update which is what it said. Then I get a letter saying you have to pay for it. Now I would like to have ver 8 back, with the Never Expire license. How can I get it back, can't find it.

Comment

Should be in you windows downloads but you still need the key that was sent in a email when you got the free program.Hope you kept that email as attached to it is the key you will need to make the lifetime license work.I don't think they will email you the key again for the giveaway version that's what they said when I asked but staff will have to reply to see if anything has changed as this response was given before this new version came out.If you backed up your email you may have a copy with the key in your back ups.Windows restore can also be used to get it back do so right away.

Comment

Understandable.......but.....

I like everyone who has posted so far more or less, understand the need in this case.
                  Mind you, while I understand does NOT mean I am altogether happy about it.
                  Like many others I got my copy of passkey on the DVD promo giveaway and as I have got a full life time license to DVDFab across the board. Not being able to upgrade from version 8 to version 9 will not be such an issue. DVDFab is a business and like any other business, if you don't make a profit you don't survive.
                  The thing is though it would've been cool if this mystery newsletter telling us we can't go from 8 to 9 was sent out well in advance so some of us don't trip head long in to losing our Passkey 8. It is a great piece of software and handy to have and a lot of people, like myself who was, are going to be caught out.
                  I am lucky that I have still have the giveaway e-mail and the original install engine but many won't. I guess the trick know is to see if I can find 8.2.8.5 install engine somewhere 8o)
                  Still...Big DVDFab Fan...great products!
                  Last edited by HTH; 09-05-2016, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HTH View Post
                    I like everyone who has posted so far more or less, understand the need in this case.
                    Like many others I got my copy of passkey on the DVD promo giveaway and as I have got a full life time license to DVDFab across the board. Not being able to upgrade from version 8 to version 9 will not be such an issue. DVDFab is a business and like any other business, if you don't make a profit you don't survive.
                    The thing is though it would've been cool if this mystery newsletter telling us we can't go from 8 to 9 was sent out well in advance so some of us don't trip head long in to losing our Passkey 8. It is a great piece of software and handy to have and a lot of people, like myself who was, are going to be caught out.
                    I am lucky that I have still have the giveaway e-mail and the original install engine but many won't. I guess the trick know is to see if I can find 8.2.8.5 install engine somewhere 8o)
                    Still...Big DVDFab...great products!

HTH, the newsletter was actually sent out and on its way to recipients at the same time when Passkey 9 was made available online, however, due to the fact that there are too many recipients, it could be a couple of hours later when you actually see it in your inbox.

We will relocate Passkey 8 to the DOWNLOAD CENTER, side by side with Passkey 9, so that those who do not want to upgrade to Passkey 9 can easily find Passkey 8, and continue to use it to decrypt old DVD and Blu-ray collections.
                    Last edited by malcolm; 09-05-2016, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edistoriverrat View Post
                      Yes, I downloaded the passkey 9 version, thinking this was an update which is what it said. Then I get a letter saying you have to pay for it. Now I would like to have ver 8 back, with the Never Expire license. How can I get it back, can't find it.

It is available at the DOWNLOAD CENTER, sitting side by side with version 9. Check it here at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm

Comment

Originally posted by HTH View Post
                        Still...Big DVDFab Fan...great products!
                        It is available at the DOWNLOAD CENTER, sitting side by side with version 9. Check it here at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm

Comment

I got a idea to smooth over this why not from time to time update version 8 of passkey so it will decrypt newer blu rays and dvd's like you did for version 8 of Dvdfab yes it will mean extra work for Fab but it's customers are loyal and deserve it lets work together as we all want to be happy Fab customers.

Comment

Version 8 I do not think will be updated to work with new movies as fast as V9 is , I dont even know if its Windows 10 compatible. V8 is old, V 9 is new, get V9 , why stay with old software?
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

@malcolm

Yep, you guessed it!

I have followed the instructions, from the link you posted, to the letter. I get this response:

"The registration key you input is incorrect, please try again"

When I open v8, it shows "trial user" "never be used"
                              Last edited by mdgboxx; 09-05-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X