Ongoing issues with 9.2.1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ongoing issues with 9.2.1.3

As previously reported, my system doesn't appear to be seeing 9.2.1.3 on the DVDFab server, so if I'm running 9.2.1.2, it doesn't see that there's an update available.

I can manually download and install 9.2.1.3, and that works fine at first, but only for that same session of Windows. With 9.2.1.3 installed, once I reboot my computer, Passkey stops working. If I install a BD disc, Passkey doesn't recognise there's a disc present. And if I go into the INFO tab of the Settings dialogue, the data is blank. (Screen cap included.)

HOWEVER, if I uninstall 9.2.1.3 and re-install 9.2.1.2, everything works fine again. So that's what I've done -- currently using 9.2.1.2 again. The problem seems to be with 9.2.1.3, not my system, since previous versions of Passkey work fine.
    Attached Files
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Mac, I can't duplicate this. Please tell us your OS and version and check the logs for your security software to see if it is blocking a DVDFab/Passkey component. The developers will need to see a Passkey internal log from 9313 when it fails.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals,
      Thanks for the reply.

OS is Windows 7 x64 + SP1, fully patched. My security software (Bitdefender Internet Security 2018) gives Passkey full access rights. (I just use the default settings the firewall created; screen cap of the settings is attached.) Just to confirm, I only have the one security software installed.

As I said, the strange thing is that 9.2.1.2 works fine; if I manually update to 9.2.1.3 and reboot, then it stops working. If I uninstall 9.2.1.3 and reinstall 9.2.1.2, then it works fine again. So it seems the issue is specifically to do with 9.2.1.3.

I can't think of anything else to test. But I'm not having this problem with any other applications.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

It's not caused by the security software.

It seems like that the passkey drive does not install correctly for some reason.

Would you please do the clean uninstall first -> reboot your PC -> reinstall Passkey 9213 and check again?

Thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson, thanks for your reply.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times, and it puzzles me that 9.2.1.2 has no problem connecting to the Passkey server, but 9.2.1.3 always does.

It seems to be to do with the installation, but it's odd to me that one version works but the next doesn't. I thought it was a problem with version-specific keys in the Registry, so after doing a regular Windows uninstall I cleaned out all Passkey-specific folders in Windows\Program Files and my User folders, then edited the Registry manually. Then I installed 9.2.1.3 directly and activated it.

This time, it worked.

Presumably it was some kind of glitch in installing 9.2.1.3 originally, but it's difficult to understand when 9.2.1.2 repeatedly installed successfully, and 9.2.1.3 repeatedly failed. More to the point, I had to go to efforts an average user may not know how to do just to fix it.

If I may suggest, what would help would be some kind of clean uninstall utility that removes Passkey completely -- certainly more thoroughly than a typical Windows uninstall can achieve. That would be useful to have.

Comment

A lot of us use the free version of Ccleaner it has a file and registry cleaner maybe Fab can add it to tools of the Fab program it has updates regularly download here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?upgrade
            Last edited by 3dman7; 08-28-2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm aware of CCCleaner, but it's not exactly the same thing. I was talking about a direct uninstall script tailored for the application.

In any case, that's a tangent to the issue of 9.2.1.3 not installing properly.

Comment

Working...
              X